B6000 Rotary Hoe / Tiller

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi

I recently purchased a rotary hoe to hopefully bolt onto the back of my b6000 - it looks like it will fit but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Anyway it has no markings on it what so ever. Can anyone out there tell me what model number it is? and also if there are parts and operating manuals available? Its been roughly re-sprayed and new bolts put in it and is an import of some sort I think. It looks like they have used grease rather then oil or a very thick oil for the two top sumps and I'm wondering what oil should be used. Its tines look different to standard grey market though - but they are new and probably after market fitted.
Anyway hopefully someone can tell me what model number it is. Also is this rotary hoe user adjustable to till CW or CCW?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Thanks Vic

I mounted it today to my B6000 and it works fine. I bit of a two man job putting on and off as it is not a 3 point linkage but it really works well tilling the ground.

Is the S850 the same as an SF850? Do you know of a parts manual for the S850? I will put in 80W/90 gear oil and see if she holds. It does appear to turn freely and with no grinding.

Also what did surprise me was that even though the B6000 pto turns CCW. The actual rotation of the tiller blades is still the same direction as the wheels - for same reason I thought it would turn against the direction of the wheels because of the CCW pto. Anyway it sure does a good job anyway.

Cheer John

Attachments

Frans Klijn

Equipment
Zen.Noh ZB6000 + rotovator + chain harrow
Jan 18, 2010
France
Re: B6000 Rotary Hoe / Tiller S850

Hi there, I´m quit new on this forum, but it gave me already great informations.
Since a week I have got also the tiller S850 and the same experience as Topgear. My questions are:
Is the rotation direction the same as the wheels of the tractor?
Is there a manual of this type for sale?
Where can I bye the rubber flaps on the back?
Looking forward to your respond.

Frans Klijn

Equipment
Zen.Noh ZB6000 + rotovator + chain harrow
Jan 18, 2010
France
Vic, I´m Dutch and live in France and my english is not perfect. Please help me. What is OE and JDM? :)

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
JDM in this case means "Japanese Domestic Market" - ie. equipment that Kubota built intended for the Japanese market only.

Actually, it is not just Kubota that makes JDM equipment or product. Same thing goes for Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Samsung - basically any company that makes cars, skidsteers, cranes, Blu-Ray players, TVs or video games for the Japanese market only.

McCracken-B6000

Equipment
Kubota B6000, FEL, Back Blade
Oct 27, 2011
U.S.
Hi,

My Dad and I are planning on looking at a s850 tiller tomorrow. We would
be putting it on our Kubota B6000. Any suggestions on things to look for on
the tiller? The guy mentioned some fabrication/welding on the mounting bracket, is this a huge issue? Are plenty of parts available for anything that might break? (Like internal gears.) We also noticed that it looks like the rear wheels are missing. The craigslist ad for it is below. Thanks in advance!

http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/2669711676.html

palmiris

Equipment
B6000 S850
Jun 21, 2016
Nicosia Cyprus
Yes, rotation direction is same as wheels, you will be making your own rubber flaps as they were OE on the JDM tillers only, and a manual is available. Let me know if you need one, send me a PM.
Hello,
I have searched everywhere but I could not find any manual for the S850 tiller for Kubota B6000. Can someone help us out???

Would you mind sending me a manual on the s850 tiller.
Thanks
kindest regards
Panayiotis

Last edited:

palmiris

Equipment
B6000 S850
Jun 21, 2016
Nicosia Cyprus
hi, would you mind sending me a manual on the s850 rotavator.
kindest regards dave.
Got it (from kubota support).
Here is the S850 tiller owners/service/part manual.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AHkwIt0FiRCqsz0

Hope to see some parts for it which I am missing with their respective part number.

Enjoy

My S850 looks (blades and mechanism) differently than the previous owner. Any idea why??? It seems that mine was heavily modified at some point in time.
Here are some photos
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnkwIt0FiRCqs0O1Ti6zGZ2T6BZD
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnkwIt0FiRCqs0Lsk9eB3zOABXNU

Last edited:

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Got it (from kubota support).
Here is the S850 tiller owners/service/part manual.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AHkwIt0FiRCqsz0

Hope to see some parts for it which I am missing with their respective part number.

Enjoy

My S850 looks (blades and mechanism) differently than the previous owner. Any idea why??? It seems that mine was heavily modified at some point in time.
Here are some photos
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnkwIt0FiRCqs0O1Ti6zGZ2T6BZD
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnkwIt0FiRCqs0Lsk9eB3zOABXNU
Might of had the shaft changed to allow the use of more easily accessible blades ... I know I have only found the original style blades on eBay from 1 supplier. Though I notice your whole unit is offset too is that something mine could do I wonder.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

palmiris

Equipment
B6000 S850
Jun 21, 2016
Nicosia Cyprus
Though I notice your whole unit is offset too is that something mine could do I wonder.
Yes the blades and shaft are totally different. It is using now 16 blades. About the offset, I dont know since I cannot compare to the original. Also the two tiller wheels are missing, but instead they have added something else on the two sides in order to do the same job.

I have never used the tractor before so my experience is limited. I am trying to fix it, it was missing some easy to find parts, and some hard to find parts such as the exhaust which needs replacing. The engine seems ok, though I had some trouble with gear engaging (lever moves but does not always engage), and the 4wd lever moving (it gets stuck occasionally).

After the service (transmission fluid change, front drive shaft etc) I will see how it goes.

I have added a rear view mirror, have ordered the exhaust, will fix the front lights, and will add the rear warning tail lights. After this I will try to do an external paint job and after this will try to change all visible screws and then paint the chassis/main body. Also I have added to the battery compartment a reserve 1l water tank, that is made for other kubota tractors. Here is a picture.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AHkwIt0FiRCqs1U

Last edited:

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
I find that if my engine revs are too high the gears won't engage.... I just picked up 2 rear lights to go on mine today my next task is replace the glow plugs and check the cylinder compression. Also need to finish the welding on my bonnet and then repaint.... great little machine to work on

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
I noticed on Palmiris' website with the S850 manual that he also has the B6000 owner's manual which is something new to me.

I had the service manual and parts list for the B6000 but I learnt something new from the (US version) owner's manual.

Specifically that the rate at which a rear mounted tool descends is adjustable by a valve under the seat.

So I set that up today and, finally, after three years of listening to my brush hog crashing to earth I have it adjusted to my liking.

So thank you for the owner's manual too.

palmiris

Equipment
B6000 S850
Jun 21, 2016
Nicosia Cyprus
Thank you very much for the link to the S850 owner's manual Palmiris.
A lot of useful information in there.
You are welcome.

I find that if my engine revs are too high the gears won't engage.... I just picked up 2 rear lights to go on mine today my next task is replace the glow plugs and check the cylinder compression. Also need to finish the welding on my bonnet and then repaint.... great little machine to work on

Thanks for this information. I will try to see if having less revs helps the gear engaging problem. It seems that we are both working on our kubota. :) (lights, welding on the bonnet repaint etc).

So thank you for the owner's manual too.
You are welcome. I need to check for that adjustable locker you are referring to (I think it is on page 31)

Just observed that my tires are out of spec.
Front are 5.00-12
Rear are 7-14

According to the US manual for the 4WD B6000 model the tires should be
Front 6-12
Rear 7-16

Should I change the rear wheels to 7-16 (rims too I think)?? Are the 5.00-12 and 6-12 the same??? (It seems that 5.00-12 and 6-12 have the same height of 22.8 inch). For the moment it looks like that the tractor has the front side higher than the rear.

After searching it seems that Zen-Noh Kubota ZB6000 came with 7-14 inch wheels (Japanese model -grey market.). Maybe after all I have the correct tires though I would prefer that I had the 7-16 rear tires (and compatible rims).

So to summarize ZB6000 came strangely with the following tires:
agrarian tyres front: 5.00-12
agrarian tyres rear: 7 - 14

thus it differs with the Kubota B6000. I think there are more differences (such as oil and air filter and steering wheel shaft the first 2 being washable).

The French manual however states that the tires should have the following specs:
5-12-2pr
7-14-2pr

So it seems that when the rear tires are 7-14 the front tires should be 5-12 (instead of 5.00-12 which are like 6-12 in height), which seems more reasonable. I will go with this in the future if they fit in the front wheel rims (since my front tires are in good condition). I am 100% sure it fits. Outside rim diameter is 13" and inside is 12" so 5-12 tire should be fine and I would say better than the stock tires.

The problem starts when you climb an incline. You feel that the tractor will overturn and run you over. I would agree with the French on this.

I have just received a new exhaust, fuel filter, oil filter, tail warning/signal lights. Need to find the UDT oil. I have searched everywhere with no luck. I think for the transmission case oil and steering case and I will use UTF (universal tractor fluid), or Universal tractor transmission lubricant Oil (UTTO) since I cannot find UDT or UDT 2. For the front axle case oil and for the front wheel gear case (R&L) I will use Gear oil 80W/90, for the engine 15W40, and for the tiller 80W/90

After the service I will start the paint job.

---
No kubota oil in my market.

Just purchased
1. Kubota UDT compatible Agip Rotra JD-F 80W for transmission and steering wheel case
2. Kubota SAE 80W/90 compatible oil (because they did not have the Rotra truckgear 80W/90 which had GL4 & GL5 specs) Agip Rotra MP 80W/90 (GL-5) for front differential case and front wheel R+L case and S850 tiller (I was going to get the GL4 80w/90 but changed my mind the last momemnt to GL5 but still Rotra truckgear is both GL4 and GL5 compatible but to my bad luck not available).

Last edited: