B6000 PTO Guard / Light Bar

grnlark

Equipment
B6000
Apr 1, 2012
Rocky Hill, CT
Several weeks back I bought this B6000 and have been cleaning, waxing and fine tuning ever since. :D

I decided I wanted some type of a front PTO guard that could also act as an auxillary light bar. So, I fabricated this one out of steel. I even went so far as to have a custom "Warning Keep Hands Clear" decal made to try and make the guard look like a factory piece. I took an older set of lights I had, blasted them, primed them and shot some color on them. I think it looks pretty good. Now I need to figure out whats wrong with the original lights and get those working too. The 3.5" lights seem to be impossible to find....

Attachments

bwssr

Equipment
l3200, FEL and Box blade...more to come
Feb 29, 2012
Houston, Texas
looks good....maybe some expanded metal in the opening.....and weld the eye botls closed...but does look good!

grnlark

Equipment
B6000
Apr 1, 2012
Rocky Hill, CT
Today I swapped out the headlights with something a bit more practical - 55 watt H3 halogen lights. There was no modifications needed to the hood mounting points at all. I fabbed some quick brackets, used the factory mounting points and wired them to the factory switch. I think the final result looks great. Let there be light! :D

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Today I swapped out the headlights with something a bit more practical - 55 watt H3 halogen lights. There was no modifications needed to the hood mounting points at all. I fabbed some quick brackets, used the factory mounting points and wired them to the factory switch. I think the final result looks great. Let there be light! :D
Where did you buy the halogen lights that fit so good?

grnlark

Equipment
B6000
Apr 1, 2012
Rocky Hill, CT
Where did you buy the halogen lights that fit so good?
Wal-Mart ---- $19.99 :D

I popped the light assembly out of the black plastic backing cup, which exposed the two mounting points directly to the light assembly. I ditched the cup altogether. Then I fabbed a bracket on either side of the light assembly that went from the light assembly to the light mounting bolt on the hood. The brackets are nothing more than a piece of flat steel stock bent in a 'z' shape to inset the lights. Actually, they are in a 'z' shape but more like an open 45 degree 'z' if that makes sense. Kinda of a streched open 'z'.

The lights came with the "hyper blue" H3 bulbs, but I wasn't going for the ghetto look, so I bought clear replacement H3 bulbs instead. In total the entire conversion set me back just about $30. ;)

ripper 1000

Equipment
B7000 building a fel
Jun 12, 2012
B.C. Canada
I seen ur post grnlark ive been tryin to find lites also cant match them ,So off to wally world, the dont stock lites no more in canada, do u have a part # or somthing mabe i can find them somewhere else Thanks

Weapon 808

Equipment
B6000
May 16, 2013
Manitoba Canada
I also need new lights for my B6000 but it seems there is only 30 watts per side available, wouldn't 2-55 watt lights be a liitle much for this simple electrical system?

Weapon 808

Equipment
B6000
May 16, 2013
Manitoba Canada
I meant taxing to the electrical system and after being a journeyman electrician for 20 years I'm pretty sure there is an issue if your installing 2 - 55 watt lights on a system that is only capable of 30 per side.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Nice work, good looking, and nice job on the welds. Now you'll need to build guards to protect the lights, haha! Just kidding.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice looking guard! Great light installation! We'd like to see a photo of those "z" mounts..

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
Drooling over this machine!

The battery will the pay the price for the aux lights drawing more amps than the alternate cranks out. Be prepared to park this on a battery tender after doing night work. This is the case for my B6000 with two "fog" lights on the fenders, one forward and one backward for snowblowing duty. I'm trying to remember doing the math for having everything on compare to the alternator rating, and it was over the rating with just one added 50 Watt fog light. If I were to do it over again, I'd pay the piper on the front end, and go LED!

This is the one weakness on Kubota's that I have found to date, no reserve capacity for electrical add-on's.

Worth looking into if your adding a lot of amp load.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8454&highlight=conversion

Last edited: