B6000 power loss

lt230s

Equipment
L2550 w/ FEL
Nov 2, 2009
Orange County, NY
We got 10" of heavy wet snow yesterday and when plowing with the B it would run fine and then lose power(bog down) and then come back up to full power. (Hope this make sense). Then this morning, trying to clear what fell during the night as soon as it got resistance from pushing it again would lose power(bog down). Giving it extra throttle didn't help.

I put sea-foam in tank last night thinking that maybe some water got into the tank, but didn't seem to help.

One thing I noticed when you first turned the key & put on glow plugs to warm it up, I couldn't hear the fuel pump running as I have in the past. It always made a little humming noise and now nothing.
I have several theories I need to check:
1. fuel pump not working and not pushing fuel to injectors
2. fuel filter
3. injectors

Any thoughts welcome as we are to get another good snow fall this Thursday into Friday.

smokinhart

Equipment
b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
Sounds like you are on the right track. Filter, gelling issues, pump, then injectors. All anyone else could tell you right now!

Good Luck and let us know what you found.

lt230s

Equipment
L2550 w/ FEL
Nov 2, 2009
Orange County, NY
Worked on it a little tonight after working on JD to see what funny noise was it was making.
-got power to pump
-Pump 367 Ohms continuity, not sure if good or bad.
-Filter looks not to bad

Gonna call & see how much pump is, after stopping at parts store to see if they have filter for it.
Is diesel fuel filter same as regular filter for gas engines? This looks like a regular in-line type after the pump.

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
Did you run out of fuel lately?

What you describe sounds like my B6000 before I bleed the air out of the fuel system.

Doesn't cost anything to bleed the lines. It will also tell you if the pump is working.

Good luck

lt230s

Equipment
L2550 w/ FEL
Nov 2, 2009
Orange County, NY
Turned out the problem is two-fold.
I feel kind of stupid :rolleyes: for the first, since I had bought a fuel filter over a year ago & never installed it. Part of reason, it is tucked behind the hyd. pump and kind of tough to get at. The cartridge was loaded up and a bunch of crud at the bottom. Cleaned out the bowl and installed new filter.

Then after talking to dealer, he told me to try the pump once the filter is changed as sometimes it won't work. After unhooking line to in-line filter after pump and turning key, I got nothing. In a little bit of frustration I smacked the pump with screw driver handle & it started working!:eek: But it only ran for about a minute before cutting out and nothing after that.:(
So back on the phone with dealer & ordered new pump. IT should have been here today but withe 2'+ snow we had, the whole county was in state of emergency.
The tractor ran better with the clean filter, but not still not 100%.

Lesson learned....change filters as suggested in manual.

tomsawyer

Equipment
miniexcavator
Nov 23, 2010
lyndhurst, nj
KH 24 miniexcavator power loss

i did run out of fuel, and now i get a loss of power when i start to track or strain bucket. It idles up and down fine, just when working it goes into stall mode. It started doing this a little before i ran dry, it use to almost stall when tracking in high speed it would work for 20 feet or so then start to stall. I bled the fuel lines changed filters. The only issue that might be the problem is it still looks like im not getting straight fuel to cylinder 4 and 5. The fuel is a bit foamy ie. air when i disconnect gas injector by cyclinder 4 and 5. I let it run for awhile before tighenting them up again, but it didnt seem to get the air out? Is this the problem and if so how to resolve? KH24 1984 6cyl