B6000 blade flipping question

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
I recently acquired a B6000 and it come with a 3 ft bush hog. I read on here that due to the CCW pto that flipping the blades was what should be done.

My question is, could I sharpen the other side of the blade instead of flipping them? I can and will try to flip them but not sure how rusted on the bolts are and with the blades having a "bend" to them, I'm not sure if they'll hit anything flipped upside down or if the momentum will keep them at a extended position therefore not hitting anything.

I appreciate any and all info. Thanks in advance.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Blades usually have a z bend. Flipping isnt an option. Need to replace with blades that work in opposite direction. Grinding backside should work. But lots of grinding. Would be nice to get them off to grind, weighing each blade to get them close to each other would be a good idea too.

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
Blades usually have a z bend. Flipping isnt an option. Need to replace with blades that work in opposite direction. Grinding backside should work. But lots of grinding. Would be nice to get them off to grind, weighing each blade to get them close to each other would be a good idea too.
Ok, thanks a lot for the reply! I haven't even looked close enough to see if they're sharpened on the correct side or not, I just assumed they were not. Do you know if the "reverse" spinning blades are special order or not? Didn't kow there was such a thing. Thanks again!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
There are all kinds of blades out there, woods made mowers to spin either direction, requiring only a blade swap. I found blades for an old agri-72 with no problem. As well for my allis chalmers 63.most farm supply stores can get blades to suit your needs. If the counterman knows his stuff.

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
There are all kinds of blades out there, woods made mowers to spin either direction, requiring only a blade swap. I found blades for an old agri-72 with no problem. As well for my allis chalmers 63.most farm supply stores can get blades to suit your needs. If the counterman knows his stuff.
Great, I'll stop by TSC tomorrow. I appreciate your help.

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
I have a B6000 with a 1 metre brush hog.

I bought the brush hog new and took it to a machine shop who put an edge on the opposite side of the blades. The blades could not be inverted as they have a crank in them.

I assume the machine shop took the blades off to do the work but I cannot say for sure as I was not present at the time.

This solution has worked fine for two years and a couple of hundred hours work so far.

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
I have a B6000 with a 1 metre brush hog.

I bought the brush hog new and took it to a machine shop who put an edge on the opposite side of the blades. The blades could not be inverted as they have a crank in them.

I assume the machine shop took the blades off to do the work but I cannot say for sure as I was not present at the time.

This solution has worked fine for two years and a couple of hundred hours work so far.
Great, thanks for your reply.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Go to Tough sh.t charlie's, and get a part #. then go to agrisupply.com, and see what they got, generally cheaper... With a 3' hog, them blades are gonna be, well, special. You might find a longer blade with the same offset, and hole size and thickness, and then take a chop saw, and cut it down to size. I have a hyd bush hog, on my loader, and I use a double cut blade, sharpened on both sides, thataway, you can hit the switch, and mow , when 1 side gets dull...:D

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
Go to Tough sh.t charlie's, and get a part #. then go to agrisupply.com, and see what they got, generally cheaper... With a 3' hog, them blades are gonna be, well, special. You might find a longer blade with the same offset, and hole size and thickness, and then take a chop saw, and cut it down to size. I have a hyd bush hog, on my loader, and I use a double cut blade, sharpened on both sides, thataway, you can hit the switch, and mow , when 1 side gets dull...:D

Will do! I appreciate the response and the advice!

Mike of Southern IL

Equipment
2014 Kubota L3200 HST 4-WD, FEL,
Jun 17, 2014
Pocahontas, IL USA
I recently acquired a B6000 and it come with a 3 ft bush hog. I read on here that due to the CCW pto that flipping the blades was what should be done.

My question is, could I sharpen the other side of the blade instead of flipping them? I can and will try to flip them but not sure how rusted on the bolts are and with the blades having a "bend" to them, I'm not sure if they'll hit anything flipped upside down or if the momentum will keep them at a extended position therefore not hitting anything.

I appreciate any and all info. Thanks in advance.
I have yet to see anything rusted/froze that this stuff hasn't been able to loosen up. It's an amazing product: http://www.kanolabs.com/