B3350 Regen Issues

dtreid

Equipment
rtv 900, b7800
Jun 2, 2013
Canada
I have a B3350 which I really like, except when it's performing a regen. This has happened to me every time.

Regen light comes on so I park the tractor and run it at full throttle hoping it will finish so I can go back to work.

After cooking away for 20min or so, it shuts off and I get a flashing regen light and the red triangle/exclamation mark light. No restart possible.

If I let it cool down for an hour, it will restart. I rev it up again and it completes the regen after another 20 or 30 minutes of wasting diesel.

Anyone else have this issue?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No need to park it. Just run the throttle up and keep working.
Agreed.

No need to stop operation for normal regen. Simply make sure engine RPM is at acceptable speed, e.g., 2,000 RPM or above.

If your engine shuts down during regen, problems exist.

What year is your 3350?

Has it had ALL of the updates?

Does it restart after 20-30 minute cool down?

Have you tried a parked regen.

Does problem exist only during cold weather? If so, have dealer supply so-called cold weather package.

Sounds like OT shut down. If so, DPF sensors and/or reformer are suspect.

Good news is that Kubota has extended the warranty of the reformer and any other emissions components damaged by reformer failure indefinitely.

SDT

Jared 756

Equipment
MX5400, L3901 and B2601
Jun 9, 2021
Washington st
Unfortunately its a B3350 and may never regen properly no matter what you do. They put the same engine in some lawn mowers and they have all the same problems.