b3300su starting problems

Vietvet

Equipment
b3300su
Sep 17, 2014
kintnersville
Hello everyone my when i start my b3300 as soon as i let go of the key it stops running so far i have checked the fuses and they look ok. when i first turn key there is a slight clicking and hesitation before it starts any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
My interpretation of your description is that you MAY have two different problems.

First, I'd check the battery. Depending on your comfort level of doing this, try jumping directly from the battery to the starter and noting the result. This may tell you if you're battery is good or weak.

You can also rob a known good battery from a vehicle, install it in your machine, and see what happens.

Simply jumping from a vehicle may not work with the possibly weak battery in the circuit. Remove from the existing battery first the (-) cable then the (+) cable then jump from a vehicle directly to your machine cables. Don't short the hot side to chassis.

If you prove your battery is good, then start thinking about a bad key switch. I suspect, based on your report of "hesitation and clicking" you'll find a weak battery.

Note the 'digital, computer' battery testing performed by some parts houses and big box stores isn't usually worth a flip.

Post back your results and ongoing experiences so we may all learn.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Addendum:

I'm not intimately familiar with your machine.

Does your machine incorporate a fuel shutoff solenoid? If so it could be clicking and could be caused by weak battery providing insufficient power to hold the solenoid in 'run' position.

My bet is you're hearing the starter solenoid click and stutter due to weak battery.

Localize the clicking you report and your further observations.

First, check battery. Then fuel solenoid. Then switch.

Could be a bad starter solenoid but you should have proved that to this point by jumping directly to starter from known good battery (if using supplemental battery be certain you've got good (-) ground circuit to machine chassis.

Good luck and post back.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Depending on the age of the machine, the ignition switch could cause all of these issues. There is supposed to be current going to the fuel shut off solenoid to keep it energized. Since the starter is clicking and doing other strange hesitations, you could have a loose lead to your ignition switch or the switch is internally shorted. When you move to the start position, the starter and solenoid are getting juice, but the on position might be faulty and not allowing current to charge and also energize your solenoid.

good luck!