B3030 front wheel bolt circle/ spacers?

pybyr

Equipment
B3030, loader, snowblower
Jan 4, 2010
VT, USA
Hello-- I'm new to this site; I've tried search, but not found the info I'm looking for, so here goes....

My father has a Kubota B3030 that he uses for a number of things, including clearing a long steep drive with the snowblower attachment in the winter. Sometimes, under icy conditions, the front wheels can become hard to steer. The rear wheels have chains, but the front wheels do not have adequate spacing between tire and the axle knuckles/ tie rod ends.

I know that rear wheel spacers exist for tire chain use, but have not been able to find anything about front ones (local Kubota place says they wish they could get them, but can't).

Can anyone point me to spacers for the front wheels on the B3030-- or fill me in on the bolt circle pattern? I tried measuring it the other day and it looked like 6 bolts on a 4.75 inch circle (doing a quick and simple measurement across the studs)-- which, unfortunately, would be specific to this machine. Anyone know if I got it right, or, whether, as I'm hoping, it might be something else that might be shared with other wheels/ vehicles?

Thanks

mrecord

Jan 9, 2010
Longmont, CO
Hi. I'm dealing with the same issue, although for a different reason. I'm trying to widen the tread on my B7500HSD so I can straddle beds in the vegetable garden.

I measured the front wheel bolt circle with calipers at 4.72" with .5" diameter studs. The interesting thing is that Kubota customer service told me the bolt spacing is 4.5". But that's not what I seem to have. Wonder why it's not a more standard measurement?

I don't think the Kubota spacer kit (BB8785) will work on my tractor, so custom machined spacers are the only option as far as I can tell.

Pybyr, have you learned anything more about this?

Thanks.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys. For traction and steerability on your front wheels you can buy screw in studs. A friend of mine has them on 4 tractors for clearing snow. They really make a difference on ice. I think they are called Maxi grip.They screw into the tire and you can remove them in the spring.:D dusty