B2920 Pto clutch ????

kubotajoe

Equipment
B2920
Jun 3, 2011
wv
I got a 2008 B2920 never used hard or abused only have about a 130 hrs on it and what was a once in awhile thing is becoming an everyday thing. when using my pto i push in the clutch and engage it fine , the lever shifts smoothly and not grinding the problem is when i want to disengage it! it will shift fine but when the lever gets to the middle position (neutral)it grinds like crazy and i know its grinding cause the brush hog or mid mount mower is still rotatiing and as soon as it stops so does the grinding ..... so what ive been having to do is leave the pto engaged and turn the tractor off wait for everything to stop moving then shift the pto into neutral and start it back up! which is really annoying ! what could the problem be ? and how do i fix it ??? this is the wrong time of year for my tractor to be down

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
If this is a gear drive tractor (not hst) then it has an overrunning clutch in the pto. Could it be the overrunning clutch ratcheting that you are hearing? If so it would be normal! By the way, you shouldn't attempt to reengage the PTO until your mower or other attachment has come to a full stop or it WILL grind!
Ed

kubotajoe

Equipment
B2920
Jun 3, 2011
wv
mine is a hst ! i,m thinking the pto shaft isnt fully disengaging kick in fine and smooth when you kick it out it grinds and the pto lever shakes back and forth ......