B2910HSD front axel leak

hagartyman

Equipment
B2910HSD
Feb 3, 2011
Sauquoit
Hi,

First off I would like to say thank you for taking the time to review my post and for all of the people who help on here! I have found this an invaluable site full of great info and I really appreciate it.

I just purchased a used B2910HSD with a FEL, it has seen bit of prior use -2059 hours. This is my first Kubota and I was really excited. I used it for about 2 hours cleaning up after a snow storm and then parked it in the garage. The next day I went out and notice a nice pool of gear oil next to the front left tire. It appears the seal is blown out. I contact my local store and the seal is around $40 and I would like to replace it myself. If anyone has gone through this process before and can offer advise I would greatly appreciate it. I have uploaded a picture of my not so fun project.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
I 've had many Kubota hubs apart for seal leaks, the best thing I found to do is get a parts breakdown diagram and it will show you where all of the snaprings are and what they hold in place.

hagartyman

Equipment
B2910HSD
Feb 3, 2011
Sauquoit
Can you please tell me what exactly seal I leaking here? The parts guy new by description but I am uncertain. Thank you!

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
I call that seal the hub pivot seal.