B2872B Snowblower Hydraulic problem

Billybone231

Equipment
B2650 Cab B2782B RCR1860
Nov 20, 2020
Lyons Falls, NY.
I just switched over from my loader attachment to the snowblower for the first time.
My tractor is a 2014 B2650 cab (450hrs) with snowblower. A recent purchase with that I was told that I would have to replace 2 quick connect hydraulic fittings, which I purchased from local Kubota dealer as the O-rings were missing. I replaced the items, no leaks as of now. Hooked up the bracket and connected hydraulics (color coded correctly) as stated in manual. After starting tractor and going through functions, up/down no issues. Left turning of chute, fast and with ease. Right turning, nothing. I took notice that you can hear the hydraulics wanting to operate it and can see some type of hydraulic operated gear wanting to turn. Not wanting to force such, I operated chute as far left to lockout. Not able to return to right to return. I shut down, relieved pressure from system, swapped hoses restarted and was able to turn right with ease but not left. I repeated the same again once I swapped lines back to correct color matching. The same, right turn not operating. I left it alone for a day and today had to move tractor and went through all the motions and now the same Right turning will operate but VERY slowly and only with operating stick pushed hard into right function into what feels like a detent but you can hear that it should not operate this way. I am wondering if anyone has come across this issue with their hydraulics in a similar fashion.
Thanks.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I believe your hydraulic valve has a fast dump option for the loader. That would be moving your control to the right. By moving your control further to the right, past the fast dump function, you would have normal hydraulic control to move your chute to the right. In other words, your hydraulic control has one position to the left, but 2 positions to the right.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
07wingnut has it right. I went thru the same thing on my BX2370, when trying to push my joystick to the right, to turn the shoot to the right. You have to get past the detent, same click feeling as when you put your bucket into the float position.

Billybone231

Equipment
B2650 Cab B2782B RCR1860
Nov 20, 2020
Lyons Falls, NY.
Yes, I am aware of that little extra movement to the right. It still doesnt do anything other then move very slowly, I mean like struggle slowly... Nothing in the first movement then the next as you would mention like the fast dump feature. You just hear the hydraulics engaging but nothing then into next detent its a slow go. Swapping hoses with left/right actions same goes for opposite side then.