B2789 Snowblower

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Kubota B2789 51" rear snowblower by Radtech.

How do you drain the gearbox oil? There is only a filler plug and no drain bolts. Do you just suck it out with a vacuum pump? Manual does not show anything, just says change yearly.

Jetdriver

Equipment
BX25D/Rear Blower/Back hoe/FEL
Nov 8, 2014
Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
Good Morning,

Did you ever find out the answer to your question? I have the same thing going on. I sucked the oil out of mine (which by the way wasn't easy, as the oil is pretty thick) Then, I parked the tractor on a big slanted angle so I could squeeze in more oil. However, I am thinking I probably overfilled it and it only needs to be filled to the bottom of the filler hole? I'm going to call Kubota if I don't find the answer online.
I guess what confused me, when I went to drain the oil out, (first time.. is only 1 year old) the oil seemed to be well above the drain hole because a lot drained out on its own before I had to suck out the rest.
Any clue?
Thank you!

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
A friend of mine I spoke to has a rear finish mower that is the same....you either have to take the gearbox off and dump it, or suck it out he said.
I don't really care for that.

Mine was full too. When I pull the plug to check it, it pours out. This will be winter #2 for mine also. Wonder if I should even bother to change it yet?

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
I was going to do the impeller mod for my b2789 rear pto blower. The mod is to add a patch of rubber to 2 of the 4 fan blades that will eliminate the gap between fan blade edge and the round housing therefore no snow builds up in the housing throws farther and less likely to clog.

However very difficult to access fan with a drill to mount rubber and I don't think that removing the chute will make access much better

Seems that best case is removing fan.
Question. The fan is on a spline that is keyed. Anyone have success removing the key?

Does the entire auger need to come off to remove fan?

Anyone do this impeller mod on 2789 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
Hey Gdmos, did you do the impeller mod yet? I was thinking of trying it myself.
Thanks
Rob

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
Hey sorry for delay. Yes I did the mod using mud flaps from an old gmc truck. Was tricky getting the blades drilled and getting the flap pieces inline. I can't say for sure that it has made a huge impact but it's done. Also the electric chute rotatio. Using super motor is a must have ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424309470.850629.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk