B2781B Snow Blower PTO Shield Release

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
I have a B2781B front mounted snowblower that I bought new in November, 2017. Does anyone know how to release the inner shield p/n 70060-03429 that covers the driveline female half p/n 70060-03224?

I want to slide the shield away from the snowblower to access the front yoke zerk fitting. The shield is marked as “Weasler”, but it does not have the current “Easy Lock” release.

Thanks, for any assistance.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
1st step.... contact Weasler themselves. Since it's not their 'easylock' but an older design,still THEY have to know how.
2nd ...ask Google 'how to lube using weasler pto shield ?' or similar words. Google WILL find it, IF you use the right 'keywords'.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have a B2781B front mounted snowblower that I bought new in November, 2017. Does anyone know how to release the inner shield p/n 70060-03429 that covers the driveline female half p/n 70060-03224?

I want to slide the shield away from the snowblower to access the front yoke zerk fitting. The shield is marked as “Weasler”, but it does not have the current “Easy Lock” release.

if you can provide some pictures then we can make suggestions.

I don’t know how yours comes off and could not find a picture of it from the part number.

ones I have seen and used have had plastic screw heads that rotate in an eccentric manner to align with the hole in the shield. Usually two screws are involved and you have to clean them up so you can see when both are aligned with both holes and then slide back the cover.

others have tabs that snap in place and have to use screwdrivers to pry and hold the tabs to get them apart.

can you remove the shaft and grease it from the open end of the shield? I have had better success doing this method but it is a bit more difficult some times

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada

My 2017 B2782B blower has I believe the same blower-side pto half which u-joint shield also gets in the way of greasing the joint.

But I CAN get my grease gun coupler in there if the rear male shaft half is first pulled back and off the front female half, and the female rotated so the zerk faces downwards and RAISE and HOLD the shaft upwards while inserting the grease gun tip.

I've had that u-joint cover off of the B2782B, it's got a white plastic ring that gets aligned with its gap at the shield opening so it can be pryed out enough to release it from the groove its riding in and pull off the cover.

The trouble then is getting it back on, sheesh.

I wish I'd left it on, as I didn't actually need to remove it, as I COULD NOT for the life of me (and long bouts of heavy swearing and finger pain) get the cover back on the shaft. with it attached to the blower.
It takes removing the shaft's through bolt and keyway-set hex screw and sliding the shaft off the blower before i could access the front opening of the cover to align and snap that lock ring back into place inside the cover.

But you can grease that zerk, just have to lay on your back under it, rotate and raise the shaft to expose the zerk.

Rusty46

Equipment
GreensvilleJay - Thanks for the suggestions. I spent a couple hours on google one evening before I posted, and tried again today - still no luck. I sent Weasler a request for assistance today. we will see what they say.

Russel King - Thanks, I was going to take some photos to post, until I read nBryan's experience. I am going to try his method and hope that I never have to actually disassemble it for ANY reason.

nBryan - Thanks!!! I was hoping someone had already won this battle. I will give your method a try as soon as our February COLD snap passes. My son said he would help by holding the half shaft and helping me back off the floor.

Thanks, again to all!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Rusty46

Equipment
nBryan - Thanks!!! The front yoke is greased. Took two of us less than 10 minutes including the plan of attack.

Thanks, again to all!

Reactions: 1 user