B2710HSD sputtering and quitting

Adam Buchanan

Equipment
Kubota B2710HSD w/ loader mini back hoe 7ft rock rake 5ft angle blade 60"mower
Can anyone give me an idea why when I'm running at full throttle the engine will start to sputter and lose all rpms and begin to idle roughly even though the throttle is open, then most times it will quit all together, but if I leave it for a few minutes and restart it'll run fine. Sounds like the engine may be getting hot if it runs fine once it cools for a few minutes, but the temp is running cool on the guage and coolant level is good. Plus sometimes when I first start the engine it'll immediately quit but I can hit the key switch again and it'll start up right away and run just fine all day. Both of these problems only happen intermittently, most of the time I can go for day's without this happening. Someone mentioned to me that it could be the shut off malfunctioning, is that a possiblilty?

If anyone has any info please let me know, or if anyone knows where I can get a cheap copy of the B2710 shop manual either paper copy or computer file please let me know also.

firejunkie

Equipment
Kubota Mx4700 4w/FEL, Modern Ag cutter,Dirt dog Box blade and Rake, Custom forks
Mar 19, 2011
greenwood, SC
it is possible the shut off solenoid could be going out, check it out. but it could also be fuel starvation, fuel filters, bad fuel (water in fuel), debris in the fuel tank clogging the feed line.