B2710 right rear wheel seal?

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Ok today was a bit crazy. So I have a b2710 with la402 loader. Curtis cab and rear tire chains on turf tires. I livd in vt. It was around 12 deg ferenhight when this happened. So was dumping a load of sawdust for beef barn out side and bickering it in to bin. Trailer dumped sawdust stayed in trailer it started to freeze. So was digging out with bucket and dump body in air had made a dozen trips in and out of barn then notice a stream of wet. Stoped immediately. Got out and the right of tractor rear shaft that wheel bolts to hydraulic fluid is streaming. Not good get down wipe clean with rag, slide the seal and what I assume is a bushing back in place, back together. Leak stops ran tractor for hr or so after checking and toping hydraulic fluid off. Little bit. Seamed fine. But question is y did that happen ? Is it need replacing? What holds that part In? What dose it in tale to change or am i going to damage something if i keep running it. I use the tractor like 20 hrs a week right now, plow truck is broke down so this is my snow plow, feeding cleaning firewood moving all around machine right now.. thanks in advance. Also sugaring season coming cant afford for this to be down durring sugaring.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a B2910, so same tractor as yours, with a slightly more powerful engine. I tried looking at the WSM and Parts Manual, and had no luck finding the specific seal you are referring to.

A picture might help getting you an answer from someone.

I would guess if putting that seal back in place stopped the oil leak, you would be OK using the tractor, until it falls out again. Not sure what is supposed to hold it in place. Maybe friction?

One diagram in my WSM did show that area, but did not call out the part.

Hopefully you will get your answer soon...

Afterthought: Perhaps you could call your dealer or a dealer in your area and ask the question?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This comment is a long shot and I cannot find the part I am thinking of.......

Some time ago an owner had a problem with pressure building up in the transmission case causing some sort of leak.

The cause turned out to be a plugged hose connected to a vent port on the transmission/differential case.

This is from a post similar to my recollection:

Also check to see if yours has a vent line and if it does pull the fill plug and try blowing through the vent line to make sure it's not plugged. Damn mud daubers will get in the line and plug it.

Vent lines freezing up in cold weather is not uncommon.

I am wondering if a build up in internal pressure could push an axle seal out of position.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user