B2710 barely moving after getting warmed up

Harrison.

Equipment
B2710
Mar 14, 2021
East TN
I’ve got a b2710 with about 700 hours on it. Up until recently it had always been dealer maintained, when I took over it. Today I hopped on it to bush hog and I noticed as the tractor warmed up it felt like it was harder and harder to use. Kept wanting to stall out after a while with the pto running, even in low gear. When I depressed the clutch the engine revved up and sounded healthy but as soon as I went back to work it would bog down again. I let it cool off and switched out attachments, when I went to start it again it stalled out a few times then sputtered/barely ran for a few minutes until it warmed back up some. I also noticed that the brake pedal now has excessive travel. I’m wondering if the brake is dragging and causing pressure to build up as I operate it? Unfortunately I am entirety clueless when it comes to tractors. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thanks

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
If the brakes seem different. I might suggest releasing the double pedal lever and see if it is one side, or the park brake.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Check you linkage make sure something isn't bentor broken causing breaks to be held on even though they appear from cab to be off. Also check fluids too.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Check your fuel filter, I think you have a fuel related issue.

Reactions: 1 user

Harrison.

Equipment
B2710
Mar 14, 2021
East TN
Check you linkage make sure something isn't bentor broken causing breaks to be held on even though they appear from cab to be off. Also check fluids too.
I did follow the pedal linkages yesterday trying to figure out how they worked. I had thought maybe there was a hydraulic problem. I do know that the linkage looks fine on both sides. The tractor has an HST transmission, I checked the dipstick below the seat and it is right on the mark.

Harrison.

Equipment
B2710
Mar 14, 2021
East TN
Check your fuel filter, I think you have a fuel related issue.
The fuel filter was recently replaced, I thought maybe that was it so I pulled the hose off between the pump and the filter and plenty of fuel came out. Maybe I need to check flow after the pump?

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I know it sounds simple, but is the outside of the radiator clean?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'll throw one more suggestion to rule out. Check to make sure the front wheels rotate easily. I had a rock stuck (jammed) between the hub and the rim once. It locked up so tight that it felt like the brake was on.

While you're at it, jack up the rear if possible and check to see if the rear wheels spin as well (in neutral). That should tell you if you have a locked up brake.

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
The fuel filter was recently replaced, I thought maybe that was it so I pulled the hose off between the pump and the filter and plenty of fuel came out. Maybe I need to check flow after the pump?
Sometimes fuel production facilities unintentionally kick out bad fuel to the consumer. It happens more then you think . I’d start with the fuel system . If there’s water in the fuel or any ice build up in the lines. Get it somewhere warm and go from there.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Fuel pump on the B2710/2910? I just realized after reading your post a second time that I always thought my B2910 was gravity fed. Knew my BX2200 has a fuel pump. Guess it is time, after 19 years, to open the WSM and learn something new! :eek:

I know this post is of no help to you, but yours was a help to me if you have a fuel pump! That would explain why years ago my filter was so blocked that I could not blow air (with my mouth) through it, but the tractor still ran well, then almost died, and ran well again. Problem was my fuel filter. Never put 2+2 together on that one. Now it makes sense!

Harrison.

Equipment
B2710
Mar 14, 2021
East TN
I'll throw one more suggestion to rule out. Check to make sure the front wheels rotate easily. I had a rock stuck (jammed) between the hub and the rim once. It locked up so tight that it felt like the brake was on.

While you're at it, jack up the rear if possible and check to see if the rear wheels spin as well (in neutral). That should tell you if you have a locked up brake.
thanks, I will jack it up this week sometime and see. i did separate the pedals today and the left pedal is on the floor.