B2650 with 60" mmm

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Anyone else have issues with the holes to pin the mmm up not lining up real well? Whats the trick to pin it up?
Easy pin up requires that the deck be properly installed and adjusted.

Not all dealers do this.

SDT

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I read that some need to be lifted a little to get them to align, mine currently go in really easy with 1/4***8221; self latching pins I picked up at Tractor Supply. Just a little wiggle and they are in. I also find it easier to install and remove when the loader is off, might just be my fat fingers.

howie70

Equipment
BX2370
May 29, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Easy pin up requires that the deck be properly installed and adjusted.

Not all dealers do this.

SDT
I'm getting a B2650. Dealer called and said it was ready. I went by to check it out and noticed that the holes were not close to being lined up. So it hasn't left the dealer yet.

Last edited:

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Anyone else have issues with the holes to pin the mmm up not lining up real well? Whats the trick to pin it up?
I had the exact same problem. I had been using a jack to lift up the mower to pin it up. It was a real PITA! Along with that, the brackets in front of the mower where bending open and I almost lost the mower one day. I called my dealer and they picked up the tractor, replaced the brackets and re-adjusted the mower deck. It is now perfect. When I lift the deck up all of the way, the pins
go in perfectly. It obviously was not adjusted properly when I bought it.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I have a B3000 with the same problem.

I have a 60" belly mower and the holding pin holes do not line up.

I have not had a chance to fool around with it to see if I can somehow adjust it to make it line up.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Mine arrived with the mower pinned up. I'll probably never pin it up again, as I prefer to just have the mower off if I'm doing other things. But yeah, on mine one pin was somewhat easily removable, but the other was very tight to get off.

I'm more worried about the front hanger. It seemed like that thing had some flex that wouldn't allow the pins get all the way through far enough to get the retaining rings through. I'm thinking I may need tools or help when it's time to reinstall.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Mine arrived with the mower pinned up. I'll probably never pin it up again, as I prefer to just have the mower off if I'm doing other things. But yeah, on mine one pin was somewhat easily removable, but the other was very tight to get off.

I'm more worried about the front hanger. It seemed like that thing had some flex that wouldn't allow the pins get all the way through far enough to get the retaining rings through. I'm thinking I may need tools or help when it's time to reinstall.
I take mine off after the last mowing of the year for snow removal and put it back on for the first mowing of the year and it stays on all Summer unless I need the extra clearance in the woods. I would not enjoy taking it off and on every time I use my box blade, tiller, rake harrow or any other implement. Pinning it up is a great function in my book. My 2 cents worth.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
For me, typically when I'm not using that tractor for mowing I'm using it for the FEL and backhoe and/or firewood. Frequently I'm on terrain where I might be banging the mower up if I left it on.

howie70

Equipment
BX2370
May 29, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Just to follow up, my dealer got it corrected and my my tractor was delivered just a day or so after I posted this. So far so good. I'm loving the B2650. Traded in a BX2370 which had been a great little tractor for me in the 6 years I owned it.