B2650 pending purchase, hydraulics

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
We are soon moving from northern California to Snohomish, WA. After lurking on this site for several years and considering what we will need a tractor for, we've decided to purchase a B2650. Our L3400 will stay with the new owner of our ranch in California along with my JD450C.

As to hydraulics, we will want 3rd function on the loader and at least a top hydraulic cylinder (or top-and-tilt) on the three-point hitch. Have had TNT on several tractors over the past 25 years, and in the past five years I've used a flail mower (Rears SPF) the top cylinder is essential to quickly adjust cutting depth.

Chris at Artillian has been very helpful in providing advice on several things, and we will get grapple and forks from them. Will also purchase other stuff from OTT vendors that support the web site.

My concern is TNT and 3rd function hydraulic plumbing. We have a good local dealer in Washington, but I have not talked with him about TNT and 3rd function installed when I purchase the tractor. I'd like the dealer to install the hydraulics and prefer not to do it myself (just tired of working on hydraulics for years on equipment). Any advice on TNT and 3rd function installed at the same time? Do they both need to be plumbed to the same power-beyond? If so, there could be an advantage to the Artillian set-up. Sure would appreciate thoughts/advice. And yes, I will post pics when we get the B2650.

Last edited:

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
DBCSteve, Not really a hydraulics guy, at least yet....

I just put the Landpride 3rd function kit on my B3200 to run Artillian's Grapple.

I do not really like the Landpride kit and wouldn't recommend it. It was supposed to be made for my LA504 loader, and while it fit, the lines from the valve to the FEL were way oversized (1/2") and combined with the 1/2" QD's it really looked out of place. The bracket that mounted to the FEL crossbar in the front was also very large and hard to find a good spot to put it. With the SSQA mount, things get close when the loader is fully curled.

I replaced everything from the valve to the FEL with 1/4" lines & QD's and fabbed my own mounting bracket. Much happier with how it looks and works, just a little more $ out of pocket.

The control knob that came with the Landpride Kit is going to get modified as well. When you put it on the joystick, it raises your hand position another 3". My plan A is to find a T handle with two buttons. Plan B is to shorten the joystick.

If both valves (FEL 3rd function & TnT) are open center, I believe that you can put them in series.... PB to P on the first valve, first valve T to P on second valve, T on second valve back to the tank.

If Kubota doesn't have a factor option for either valve, you might just have to build your own.

Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics is another source for information. While I haven't used him (yet) I know others that have and they have good things to say about his work.

Good luck with your new tractor and your new place.

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
rtgt -- thanks for the comments. I may get the Kubota dealer to install OEM rear remotes and I'll figure out the third function later. The Artillian third function seems a better design. Fit Rite also looks like a great source for the TNT cylinders. Like all my other tractors, I'll do this a step at a time. Thanks again.

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
I had the dealer install the Kubota factory 3rd function kit on my B2650. While I have not had it long; I like the fit and finish of the kit and it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I had the dealer install the Kubota factory 3rd function kit on my B2650. While I have not had it long; I like the fit and finish of the kit and it works well.

Would you mind posting some pictures of the 3rd function kit?

Is it electrically actuated solenoid valves?

I'm particularly interested in what the joystick controls look like.

eng1886trk

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
Here are some pics. My connections are currently capped since I do not have an attachment that requires the 3rd function. (Yet)

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Here are some pics. My connections are currently capped since I do not have an attachment that requires the 3rd function. (Yet)
Thanks for the pictures!

I like the hard lines on the loader mast and the bulkhead connections!

eng1886trk

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
That is why I went with the Kubota brand. The fit and finish seemed better. Plus my thoughts where warranty wise, it would be easier to deal with too if something should arise.