B2650 Grapple

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a B2650. I live on 10.5 acres in Northern Indiana. My wife and I just built a new home and will be using the new Kubota to plant the yard, landscape, plant a garden, grade some areas, finish up the tree clearing and maintain our 600+ foot gravel drive along with the rest of the general up keep with the property. We cleared 1.5 acres and own 1 acre of the surrounding crop land the remaining 8 acres is woods. After several months (probably more) of being cheap clearing brush and trees by hand for our home site. A family friend of mine let me use his skid steer w/ a grapple bucket. I didn't want to do another days worth of work without it.

That being said I've read all the posts I can and still can't make my decision...

EA 50" Wicked Root Grapple
(perks seem to be design and strength)

or

LandPride SGC0554 Grapple
(perks: lighter weight at 100 less pounds and kubota financing)

Both have same sized Jaw opening and Prices are very similar

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I just picked up my 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple this week. While it is a lot more of a lightweight one than the one you are looking at, it looks to be a very solid piece of equipment, and in the short time I have used it, it has been great! I did a lot of research on grapples before I picked the EA one. All in all the EA grapples seem to be very strong and most people that have one seem to be happy with the purchase. :)

Not sure if you read the tractorbynet.com forum, but here is a huge thread bout EA grapples. I kind of skipped to the end to get more up to date information. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/267492-wicked-root-debris-grapple.html

Last edited:

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I have the Land Pride 72" and have praised it many time on this forum. It is the most useful implement on my tractor.

I do not think you can go wrong with either. I like the Land Pride because I have it. I also like the full length top part as I use it as a rake for limbs and rocks floating in reverse. I think the wicked root has an option for one or two.

here is one of the posts with many opinions:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32303

Good luck and enjoy you Grapple.

M

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Thanks for the reply Captmikem thats one use that could come in very handy. I tried to do something like that with the skid loader and grapple but you can't get the same angle that you could by using the top teeth.