B2650 front mount snow blower issue with hydraulic

Ken442

Equipment
B2650 hsdc
Mar 6, 2021
my front mount snow blower will not raise up unless I put the engine to idle. Noticed the hydraulic cyl. had a leak so had it rebuilt. still has the same issue.

IanB

Equipment
B2650, RC72-30B mower, LA534 FEL, B2781A-63 snowblower
Aug 31, 2021
Manitoba
Assuming you've got hydraulic controls for chute up/down and rotation with a 2nd function switch? These were also available with electronic and manual chute controls, hence the clarification requirement.

I was having issues with the chute rotation, pushing the lever to the right seemed to have the same effect as moving the lever to the left...it took me a while and some research to figure out there's a "quick dump" function on the hydraulics, where if you push right just a bit it acts as though you've pressed left but with very little line pressure, if you press the lever FURTHER to the right you get the intended response from the hydraulics.

I'm not sure if reversing the hydraulic hoses would result in this symptom being seen on the chute raise/lower, but I only seem to have the issue with chute rotation on mine. It's new to me, and still learning though.

Ken442

Equipment
B2650 hsdc
Mar 6, 2021
I just have hydraulic chute rotation and lift up and down on blower . chute works fine. Its the up lift on blower asm. that does not move unless I idle engine down.

IanB

Equipment
B2650, RC72-30B mower, LA534 FEL, B2781A-63 snowblower
Aug 31, 2021
Manitoba
I just have hydraulic chute rotation and lift up and down on blower . chute works fine. Its the up lift on blower asm. that does not move unless I idle engine down.
So pulling back on the hydraulic control lever, does not raise the snowblower unit off the ground, unless the engine is idled down? That's a weird one...

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Try swopping the two sets of hoses. Put the rotation hose connectors where the lift hoses are supposed to go and put the lift hoses where the rotation hoses are supposed to go. If the problem is still the same somehow you have a problem with the connectors, hoses or cylinder. If rotation is now not working correctly you have a problem with the control valve.
Many strange hydraulic problems can be traced to the quick disconnects.

Last edited:

Ken442

Equipment
B2650 hsdc
Mar 6, 2021
well swapped the hoses and problem went with the lift .so going to get new couplers .put new couplers on works great thanks for the help

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users