B2630 PTO Won't Go Into Neutral

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Greetings, my B2630 HST has the PTO stuck in gear and won't disengage. I've been under tractor and there is no debris in or around the shift lever or the lever on the valve assembly. Has been getting tougher to engage/disengage so thought at first might be that hydraulic fluid was low, which it was but topped up and still have issue. Attaching 2 PDF's. One shows the assembly the other shows how it's supposed to move. At the moment I can push it forward without resistance but pulling it back to the neutral position is a no go. Tried all the obvious things, tractor running/stopped, in gear/in neutral. I can easily shift from rear to mid or both without issue-simply can't get to neutral. Having to bypass ignition switch to start at the moment as there's a safety switch on top of transmission housing. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue and how it's to be fixed. Cheers, Erik

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Don't have the tractor but...
Just looking at the 1st PDF, can you remove the #090 'connecting shaft' ,or whatever it's called.
With it off, you have 3 possible problems..
1) the shift lever should move freely. If it doesn't that's where the problem is....
2) I'm wondering if the rod (#090) is bent ....
3) It's a real long shot that the internals of the valve are damaged.....
You should be able to rotate the valve lever (where #090 connects)

This is another one of those 'have to be there to SEE it and say 'ahha' ....

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Don't have the tractor but...
Just looking at the 1st PDF, can you remove the #090 'connecting shaft' ,or whatever it's called.
With it off, you have 3 possible problems..
1) the shift lever should move freely. If it doesn't that's where the problem is....
2) I'm wondering if the rod (#090) is bent ....
3) It's a real long shot that the internals of the valve are damaged.....
You should be able to rotate the valve lever (where #090 connects)

This is another one of those 'have to be there to SEE it and say 'ahha' ....
After imagining a ton of expensive "might be's" this turned out to be a simple fix. Turned out that over time dust/dirt had gotten in between the shaft bushing and transmission housing and become like a cement washer and wouldn't allow the PTO neutral lever to move all the way over. Was only missing by a couple of millimetres but was enough to keep it out of neutral. Sea Foam's Deep Creep ultimately saved the day : >)

Reactions: 2 users

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
After imagining a ton of expensive "might be's" this turned out to be a simple fix. Turned out that over time dust/dirt had gotten in between the shaft bushing and transmission housing and become like a cement washer and wouldn't allow the PTO neutral lever to move all the way over. Was only missing by a couple of millimetres but was enough to keep it out of neutral. Sea Foam's Deep Creep ultimately saved the day : >)
You get an attaboy, for posting the cure :)

Reactions: 1 user