B2620 No dash lights or juice to key

JOE LOW

Equipment
b2620 FEL BH RM59
Jun 19, 2012
PORT C
PLEASE HELP if you can
Had a problem with starting , really cold yesterday almost started then nothing when I turned key ,tried to jump across solenoid . a large clack ...pulled starter had it tested ..not good . bought new ...installed turn key ...no lights nothing jump at solenoid turns over good but won't start...glow plugs are not working I suspect if no ignition /dash lights changed all fuses in box on side of motor (none seemed burnt) still nothing doubt if it is a safety switch as I would think dash would light up but no turnover ???
Any ideas folks? if there are numbers( 8230) in this please ignore not sure why Thank you

Last edited:

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I would put in some time on fundamentals.

1. Load test battery. Charge battery.
2. Clean and tighten all conductor terminations to and from battery, frame.
3. Check any fusible links.
4. Engine oil weight for winter?
5. Diagnose glow plug circuit. All glow plugs working? Conductors and terminations OK?

JOE LOW

Equipment
b2620 FEL BH RM59
Jun 19, 2012
PORT C
I would put in some time on fundamentals.

1. Load test battery. Charge battery.
2. Clean and tighten all conductor terminations to and from battery, frame.
3. Check any fusible links.
4. Engine oil weight for winter?
5. Diagnose glow plug circuit. All glow plugs working? Conductors and terminations OK?
Thanks ,battery is good. It ran and started good previous 2 or 3 days when it was just as cold. Glow plugs were good I can check them , however I don't think that would effect the dash lights? or no turning over with key...
Anyone know if there is an inline fuse somewhere on a b2620?

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Joe,
being up-front with you I do not have a schematic for a B2620. What I can offer is some general comments.

The glow plugs main current is typically fed through a slow-blow fuse. You would be looking for a 40, 50 amp size. This main current is switched by a relay. The relay coil in turn controlled by the key switch. Battery usually comes to terminal B on the key switch.

If the glow plugs are not working, and the ground connections are good, then:
Slow-blow fuse OK?
Connector to key switch OK?
Key switch OK?
Glow plug relay OK?

That's two circuits to check: main current to glow plugs, and control circuit for glow plug relay coil.

It is possible that a connector has come loose affecting both glow plug control circuit and panel lights.

Until you get B2620-specific advice, it may be that troubleshooting the glow plugs will lead to discovering what's really kinking up.

Dash lights would indicate a connector, slow-blow fuse, key switch, busted conductor, bad ground, etc.