b2620 HST pedal sticks

bstrom

Equipment
B2620 FEL364
Jun 19, 2009
ME, USA
The HST pedal on my B2620 sticks and doesn't quite return all the way. It's a pain because when I get off the seat to change the angle on my rear blade the tractor stalls since the safety relay switch has not been tripped and the tractor thinks it is still going forward (with no operator) even though it is not. I have adjusted the switch which helped for awhile and was a big pain because you have to remove a rear tire (mine are loaded) in order to get a wrench on it. I have greased the rocker arm on the pedal too. It seems like there is not enough return spring pressure on the pedal. Anyone know if there is an adjustment for that? - I can't figure it out while lying in the snow. Help - thanks.

Last edited:

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Maybe just needs some lubrication? Mine was sticking and some fluid film made it work 100% better :confused:

bstrom

Equipment
B2620 FEL364
Jun 19, 2009
ME, USA
Well, I did find a grease fitting on the pivot point - it's not in the manual (they just show the brake pedal fitting) and I think it helped a little, considering it had not been greased in 130 hrs or so.

Maybe I will try fluid film - I've seen that on another forum - what is it and where do you get it? Thanks

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
I just sprayed the linkage wherever I could see it moves. I'm in Canada and I am pretty sure I've seen it at Walmart, but can't swear to it. I'm sure any car parts place or even a building center would carry it. If you can't find that just ask for a rust protection fluid that you can spray to free things up