B2601hsd $ opinion & max26 mahindra

rickls

Equipment
Jd970 at the moment looking to downsize & update
Mar 10, 2024
Hamburg NY
Hi all, newbie here. I've narrowed it down to b2601 or max26. Both similar 2k more for b2601 which I would go b2601 for that difference. Question is dealer wants $24,400 for it with la435 loader quick tach, 60" & my choice of tires.
I don't have another dealer around to compare Kubota with so wondering your thoughts??
Also I'm 6'7 tall & would need to move seat up & back ,what's your opinion on that. The mahindra would be very easy the Kubota seat mount looks more difficult
Thank you

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi all, newbie here. I've narrowed it down to b2601 or max26. Both similar 2k more for b2601 which I would go b2601 for that difference. Question is dealer wants $24,400 for it with la435 loader quick tach, 60" & my choice of tires.
I don't have another dealer around to compare Kubota with so wondering your thoughts??
Also I'm 6'7 tall & would need to move seat up & back ,what's your opinion on that. The mahindra would be very easy the Kubota seat mount looks more difficult
Thank you
The seat issue/difference I cannot comment on.
The tractor issue/difference is like comparing a BMW with a Yugo.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Rick,

Welcome to the forum,

Most of us will tell you to go with the Kubota ;)

Mahindra is the #1 seller of tractors world wide, however - dealer support is not the same as Kubota's

Mahindra may have more lift capacities too - I have not compared the two.

Moving the seat is a one and done - once that is corrected that will not be an issue.

I take it - you have run around on both at the respective dealers? Is the FEL smoother on one than the other?

IF you have dealers near by - the choice is really yours!!! Many people love their Max26

If you get the Kubota - ask for R14 tires, the best of both worlds;)

Reactions: 1 users

slider_buck

Equipment
2023 l4060
Dec 20, 2023
Ohio
I just recently sold a max26 and upgraded to an L4060 Kubota. Nothing but good things to say about the Max. For its size its stout. I could carry two round bales at the same time. Used mine for 7 years trouble free other than a slight ignition issue. Every now and then it wouldnt start with the key. I put a push button on it to start it and had zero issues after that. Would start up in zero degree weather just fine.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just recently sold a max26 and upgraded to an L4060 Kubota. Nothing but good things to say about the Max. For its size its stout. I could carry two round bales at the same time. Used mine for 7 years trouble free other than a slight ignition issue. Every now and then it wouldnt start with the key. I put a push button on it to start it and had zero issues after that. Would start up in zero degree weather just fine.
Is there a Mahindra larger than the Max 26 that you could have bought?
Why did you not do that?

Sean2202

Equipment
L305DT
May 27, 2019
CT
Welcome to the forum @rickls.

I assume you first figured what tasks you were doing and sized the tractor to those tasks.

We have a B2601. Purchased 3-7-22 in CT with RCK60-32 deck and three front suitcase weights with turf tires. Paid $21,638 brand new. Nice machine. Easy to maintain. Simple old school D1105 engine. Tried and true platform. No turbo or EPA stuff. 313 hrs currently. Only problem so far is the throttle started to slowly creep down. Fixed with tightening adjustment nut. Lots of posts on here if you have problems with your tractor.

I was told this B2601 machine is popular with horse farms and barns as the tractor is small enough and nibble to get in and out of barns with the loader.

Another note on how durable the Kubota D1105 is. Toro among other manufacturers still use them in commercial equipment. Stuff that gets abused run hard etc. I had a Kubota D1105-t (turbo version) in my Toro fleet with 5817 hours on it when we sold it. Still ran perfect, didn't burn any oil and oil tests from Blackstone labs at 200-hour intervals were always normal using 10w-30 oil.

rickls

Equipment
Jd970 at the moment looking to downsize & update
Mar 10, 2024
Hamburg NY
Thanks for info. I guess my price is ok then comparing yours with deck instead of loader. Honestly my biggest usage is going to be plowing snow. Thinking of getting 72" hydraulic blade front & possibly 60"3pt blower

slider_buck

Equipment
2023 l4060
Dec 20, 2023
Ohio
Is there a Mahindra larger than the Max 26 that you could have bought?
Why did you not do that?
a mahindra and a Kubota L4060 isnt even the same league at all. Fell in love with the L4060 instantly. Well worth the extra money.

Sean2202

Equipment
L305DT
May 27, 2019
CT
Thanks for info. I guess my price is ok then comparing yours with deck instead of loader. Honestly my biggest usage is going to be plowing snow. Thinking of getting 72" hydraulic blade front & possibly 60"3pt blower
Just throwing this out there. Depending on how much snow you need to move and where you are located, there is an option for a front mount snowblower for the B2601. We have a front mount blower on our Kubota LX2610. There is nothing like it. Put a back blade on the rear and your all set.