B2601 Rear Hydraulics Help for Snowblower

lacasmi117

Equipment
B2301 with BH70 and LA434
Apr 25, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I have a rear snowblower and I want to control the chute and the rotation hydraulically but I need help figuring out how to do it. I currently have a Backhoe and its connection hoses (Power Beyond Hose Yellow / Tanks Hose Blue / Outlet Pipe Red). I have a 2-SPOOL DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE Open Center and I dont think it has a Power beyond port on the valve (Do I need one). If I don't My question is what do I hook up to the valve P and T, I figure the Inlet (red) to the P but do I leave the Tank hose hooked on the hose holder (as required when removing the BH) and connect the Power beyond (Yellow hose) to the T of the Valve?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a rear snowblower and I want to control the chute and the rotation hydraulically but I need help figuring out how to do it. I currently have a Backhoe and its connection hoses (Power Beyond Hose Yellow / Tanks Hose Blue / Outlet Pipe Red). I have a 2-SPOOL DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE Open Center and I dont think it has a Power beyond port on the valve (Do I need one). If I don't My question is what do I hook up to the valve P and T, I figure the Inlet (red) to the P but do I leave the Tank hose hooked on the hose holder (as required when removing the BH) and connect the Power beyond (Yellow hose) to the T of the Valve?
Your backhoe supply hose goes to P on the directional valve and T on the valve goes to pressure return connection on tractor. You will be exceeding the max allowable outlet pressure for the directional valve. Not recommended but chances of bad things happening depends on the design of the valve.

Dan

lacasmi117

Equipment
B2301 with BH70 and LA434
Apr 25, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Your backhoe supply hose goes to P on the directional valve and T on the valve goes to pressure return connection on tractor. You will be exceeding the max allowable outlet pressure for the directional valve. Not recommended but chances of bad things happening depends on the design of the valve.

Dan
Thank you, the valve has a 1000psi max on outlet, but I dont think I would want an accident, any better options?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you, the valve has a 1000psi max on outlet, but I dont think I would want an accident, any better options?
If the valve is not convertible to power beyond then buy one that is. Then it hooks up exactly like the backhoe. Or better yet plumb it in ahead of the backhoe and leave it there full time.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
or just use electric, and power it from cigarette lighter. Cheaper, easier, accomplishes same task.