B2601 Ready for delivery!

kevininor

Equipment
B2601 with the backhoe
Dec 23, 2021
Oregon
I placed my order for a B2601 with a backhoe, 42" LP pallet forks, 54" LP box blade, 3rd function and LP grapple at the end of December. I just got a call from the dealer that everything but the grapple is in! I almost feel silly being this excited. Estimate for the grapple is sometime between March and May.

Anything I should be on the lookout for during delivery? Must have tools to take care of this tractor?

Reactions: 6 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Congrats! I have the same tractor. Very happy. Post some pics. I had a tiny leak at a hydraulic line on the loader. Simple extra partial turn on the fitting fixed that. I need to check my crows foot tools to ensure I have the correct sizes for other fittings which are a little concealed. Congrats again. Enjoy!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Be very excited. You're about to have some of the best fun of your life.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Just another tidbit which I eventually figured out….and the dealer didn’t know!, I couldn’t get the rear pto to operate my chipper even tho I thought I was following the manual. Tractor safety switches would shut it down.
The seat needs to be popped UP, NOT tilted forward. In my opinion the manual wasn’t over clear.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
A few spare pillows helps when sleeping next to it in the garage the first few nights. Be sure to tell the wife/GF that you'll be away for a while.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Be very excited. You're about to have some of the best fun of your life.
Shhh🤫 .. best "work" of your life.

just in case his wife is reading.

• Haha

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Congrats! Check the front axle oil level.
Good advice. Even my RTV1100 front axle was low. From the number of times I have read this, seems like dealers don't like checking it when they charge you for the PDI.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Congrats. If you don't have one, get a click torque wrench. Changed the MFWD oil in the JD (waiting for B2601) a couple days ago. Needed to take the front wheels off to more easily catch the oil from the MFWD. In torquing them back (to 133 ft lb) with my old lever torque wrench, I needed the wife to watch the torque reading, and she had trouble with my hands in the way, etc. Be much easier and only 1 person needed with a click torque wrench. Kubota says to check a whole bunch of torques at each 50.

Reactions: 1 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Congratulations! I have the same tractor and love it! (-:

For tools, a decent grease gun and 1/2" drive clicker torque wrench (with sockets) would be my suggestion starting out.

(have been waiting on my BH for several months now. Good news, since it was quoted on the original invoice, any price hikes won't affect the pricing when it does finally come in.)

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
I placed my order for a B2601 with a backhoe, 42" LP pallet forks, 54" LP box blade, 3rd function and LP grapple at the end of December. I just got a call from the dealer that everything but the grapple is in! I almost feel silly being this excited. Estimate for the grapple is sometime between March and May.

Anything I should be on the lookout for during delivery? Must have tools to take care of this tractor?
Congratulations!!

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I bought myself and got it for Xmas day: a lube shuttle grease gun. LOTS better to avoid mess of retracting the plunger, pulling old cartridge out, putting new one in, freeing of air, etc. The lube shuttle cartridge just screws right in. On lube.shuttle.us web site. Buy it there, about $10 less than on Amazon.

Used it the first time a couple days ago to lubricate the 3 grease points on the WC46 wood chipper. I'd put my LockNLoad tip on it.

Last edited:

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Congratulations post pics when you can. Start a new account to fund the accessories - practice in the mirror “need a new attachment to do that project for you honey”

• Haha

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I bought myself and got it for Xmas day: a lube shuttle grease gun. LOTS better to avoid mess of retracting the plunger, pulling old cartridge out, putting new one in, freeing of air, etc. The lube shuttle cartridge just screws right in. On lube.shuttle.us web site. Buy it there, about $10 less than on Amazon.
Or go to Good Works Tractor and use their discount code

kevininor

Equipment
B2601 with the backhoe
Dec 23, 2021
Oregon
And here she is! Don’t worry. I put her to use already and she’s much muddier than in the pics.
Wow! The B2601 is a little beast. I had previously rented a BX23s and while that got everything I needed done, this one does it all without breaking a sweat. Can’t wait for the grapple. Dealer said I’m next in line…

Attachments

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Just another tidbit which I eventually figured out….and the dealer didn’t know!, I couldn’t get the rear pto to operate my chipper even tho I thought I was following the manual. Tractor safety switches would shut it down.
The seat needs to be popped UP, NOT tilted forward. In my opinion the manual wasn’t over clear.
Still waiting to do this on the B2601. Too muddy yet to get down the hill. The manual says to start from the seat and jump off it quickly. Yeah, it doesn't say to tilt it.

On the JD 4010, I had to strap the seat down with some tension cords around the back of the seat to the ROPS. The 4015 and 4100 models had buttons under the seat to push, but it didn't work on the 4010. I jumpered it and got it to work a few times, but finally just resorted to the tied down seat.

'Twas easy on the JD 2025R. Just started from standing on the ground, seat down.

All the safety stuff has to be on: parking brake, etc.

The Operators Manual was wrong on use of the rear PTO. Have to tilt seat onto steering wheel.

Last edited:

alfb

Jul 18, 2020
Loomis, Ca
I also have the B2601 with a backhoe that I bought late in 2020. A nice grease gun is very valuable as the backhoe has a bunch of zerks. I watched youtube on "my cluttered garage" and he did a very good job of showing how to the 50 hour maintenance, though I did spill a lot more hydro fluid than him changing that 3rd filter.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Well, darn. Still waiting on just a darned loader for mine. I might drive up tomorrow to check out the tractor itself and maybe drive it around a bit. I still can't believe there are no LA805 anywhere.