B2601 owners

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I have a question ,, do any of you guys notice a desided lack of power while mowing up hill in low range? Yeah I know, low power is a subjective thing. I base this on the BX2360 with beacoup hours on it and it will pull cut and do more than this 26hp tractor, and that has been since day one. Yes I checked all the dumb things first, new fuel filter new air filter, new fuel, after the BX fiasco yeah I took care of both. I doubt if there is anything blocking the tank outlet, but I dont know.
Im just wondering if there was something out there a recall of info bulletin, or maybe I got the one built on Friday at 1630. If it is sitting still using the FEL it works well, but mowing with out the FEL on the machine up hill,,, ahhh not so much.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
My B2601 is used primarily for mowing with the MMM. I do not mow with the FEL installed (so that I don’t hit the fences when mowing next to them and I can get closer to corners with the front of the tractor). Mine does a fine job mowing grass that’s with in the realm of a MMM’s intended usage regardless of the grade (within reason, the R14 tires are the limiting aspect due to loosing traction on steep slopes, the L3830 with R1s and a brush hog does fine in those conditions).

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
My B2601 is spankin new I have 4 hours on it, I have a few hills that I mow with the RK60-32 MMM. No noticed power loss going up the hill. I do remove the loader to mow. Hills are steep enough that I will only go up and down them. I was cutting with a 29 HP Koehler SCAG tiger Cat II it sagged a bit on the hills
The B2601 doesn't change its sound or RPMs on the same hills. BTW I mow in medium range. I will try low range and get back to you in a few days

Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I don't have a MMM for mine but it pulls a 5' bush hog in low without any trouble on hills

Reactions: 1 user

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
I've got some mild grades I mow a trail on using a flail mower and it seems fine in medium (although I'm not mowing real heavy grass.)

I had a JD garden tractor (so just a MMM is all I did with it) before with a 25HP Yanmar. I can tell the Kubota is moving more weight around compared to the old mower but haven't been in any situation that by comparison has me thinking the B is down on power (if anything I've had the B in some spots I thought would stall it out but it pulled through.) Not sure if the base ~300 lb weight difference (I think) on the B compared to the BX might be factoring in.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
I have had mine since 2018 and have 609 hrs on it. About 500 of those are using a MMM on wide variety of terrain, and several pretty steep hills. This machine also does some loader duty so it has loaded rears. I haven’t noticed any power and/or speed loss from new. I run about 2600 RPM most of the time. I always use low range when mowing up anything somewhat steep. I think some guys really abuse the HST trying to use a higher gear for hills. It’ll scream pretty loud if I try it.
I can’t use a 0 turn due to the rough and hilly areas or I would in a minute. But this combo has been working well and trouble free for me so far..... but it’s well maintained.

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
OK I have a question ,, do any of you guys notice a desided lack of power while mowing up hill in low range? Yeah I know, low power is a subjective thing. I base this on the BX2360 with beacoup hours on it and it will pull cut and do more than this 26hp tractor, and that has been since day one. Yes I checked all the dumb things first, new fuel filter new air filter, new fuel, after the BX fiasco yeah I took care of both. I doubt if there is anything blocking the tank outlet, but I dont know.
Im just wondering if there was something out there a recall of info bulletin, or maybe I got the one built on Friday at 1630. If it is sitting still using the FEL it works well, but mowing with out the FEL on the machine up hill,,, ahhh not so much.
Mowed the other day on my steep hills thought of your OP went up in low 2wd M in 2wd and H in 2wd
L no issues, M no loss of power but a little HST spooling in H it didnt like it at all. Repeated in 4WD about the same results Engine power never sagged just the HST spooling.