B2601 No ACC Power, No Start

scott2187

Equipment
B2601
Dec 10, 2022
PA
B2601 purchased in early 2019 with about 300 hours. Always shed kept, not left out in the weather.
I was setting up to use the backhoe earlier today. I got off the tractor, and proceeded to pull the seat switch to spin it around when the tractor shut off. I tried to restart it with no luck. Here's what I have currently (before rain started):

-No ACC power when the key is turned on
-When turned to the glow plug position, the glow plug indicator lights up
-Checked the seat switch first, it's reading properly with a meter
-Proceeded to check the PTO switch and HST switch, and both are reading good
-Checked all the fuses, including the 50A and all are good
-Flashers function, checked this part out by mistake
-When the key is turned to the "ON" position, I have no power to the instrument cluster
-The normal 'click' when turning the key to the "ON" position is non-existent

Right now, I'm leaning towards a bad relay or controller.
Anyone have other ideas?
I was unable to check any outputs from the relays due to rain starting, so I'll be trying this tomorrow.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:... and proceeded to pull the seat switch to spin it around when the tractor shut off. I

sounds like you may have cut a wire in a harness under the seat area .....

without a wiring diagram I have to rely on my 'spidey sense', but it dies AFTER you swivelled the seat.....

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Did you put the seat back down and still get the same result?
On mine, the seat switch is a 3 position switch. Driver present, driver not present, and seat fully up, no driver, to allow operation of the rear pto while stationary. I would focus on the seat switch and wiring, and pto switch and wiring.

Reactions: 1 user

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
I agree with maybe something with the seat switch because that is what you were moving when it cut off. Also did you check the treadle pedal interlock switch? The service manual pdf for the b2601 is available on the kubota books website under the tractor owners manual section. Here's the link

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
B2601 purchased in early 2019 with about 300 hours. Always shed kept, not left out in the weather.
I was setting up to use the backhoe earlier today. I got off the tractor, and proceeded to pull the seat switch to spin it around when the tractor shut off. I tried to restart it with no luck. Here's what I have currently (before rain started):

-No ACC power when the key is turned on
-When turned to the glow plug position, the glow plug indicator lights up
-Checked the seat switch first, it's reading properly with a meter
-Proceeded to check the PTO switch and HST switch, and both are reading good
-Checked all the fuses, including the 50A and all are good
-Flashers function, checked this part out by mistake
-When the key is turned to the "ON" position, I have no power to the instrument cluster
-The normal 'click' when turning the key to the "ON" position is non-existent

Right now, I'm leaning towards a bad relay or controller.
Anyone have other ideas?
I was unable to check any outputs from the relays due to rain starting, so I'll be trying this tomorrow.
Had a similar issue on my 2601; frustrated the heck out of me for a week. Bought a new controller board- not the problem and dealer would not honor a return (not cheap). I thought I checked all fuses, but the one that I thought was fine was a 5-amp that controlled the dash lights and for some reason was preventing a start. Turned out I had a short in rear RH wiring harness....Weird.

I did check and test all continuity on all circuits and was able to find the issue after a grueling disassembly including checking all safety switches. I think the wiring diagram is available.

Reactions: 1 user

TractorPaul

Equipment
B2601, LA435, RCK60-32 MMM, EA Grapple, EA 54” BB, EA 60” York rake, SSQA plow
Dec 12, 2022
Hudson Valley NY
Hi everyone, first time posting here. I’ve been a reader of OTT for a while and have found it very helpful. Maybe these diagrams will help you Scott2187

Attachments

Last edited: