B2601 Loader

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Ok I have broke a bolt holding up the loader stand 2 years in a row in the exact same spot. Last year Kubota replaced it under warranty this year I had to pay for it. Has anyone else had this problem or am I a lone wolf. What could I be doing wrong I feel like the loaderfor looks only not work. IMG_1135.jpeg

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I've never removed a front end loader in my life. Used lots of tractors and equipment but the loader stays on the tractor with the loader.

My LX2610 has those stands and I'll never use them. I'd give you mine.... but as soon as I do... lightning will strike and I will need them.

Reactions: 1 users

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
I only have about 27hrs on mine and had to bend them back to straight once so far. Now when I remove the FEL to mow and then re-install it I lock the stand up very gingerly seems to solve the issue, your mileage may vary.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Ya I’m not trying to remove the loader it’s just use that breaks it. Maybe a jerky motion may do it but I think that’s a area that needs to be beefed up

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I had the same issue on my new 130 hours b2301 I just wire tied the arm up but it is disappointment. I straightened the pin the first time and broke it the second time. I will never take my loader off and in hind sight I should have not purchased the janky removable loader. I am seriously thinking about taking all that hardware off and gaining a few extra pounds of lift. Love the tractor and loader but not how cheap the bolt is for holding up the loader storage arms.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Thanks Top Gnome I’m glad it’s not just mine that doing that. Make me feel a little better but my wallet is a little lighter getting it fixed:mad:

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Thanks Top Gnome I’m glad it’s not just mine that doing that. Make me feel a little better but my wallet is a little lighter getting it fixed:mad:
whats kind of bad is I did not realize it broke and tore up the lawn. backing up I know there is a video on how to remove that hardware sounds simple to fix but caught a tree root and it made a pretty big mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
IIRC the process to allow those loader 'legs' to fall into position involves dumping the bucket fully prior to actuating the release lever. I would imagine that the OP's experience of retaining pin shear has something to do with the leg stand being unintentionally released, then the retaining pin is damaged/sheared when the bucket is returned to curled position.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Now that has to be one of the best information videos I have seen on the FEL

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Glad I have the 434. I’d never own one of those 435 junks.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Do you mean that you're not removing or installing the loader? The "stand" bends it's mounting pins or bolts just while operating the tractor?

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Not sure what's different ?? I've had the loader on and off dozens of times and plenty of bucket, grapple, and pallet work with no issues with the loader arm support mechanism.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
There is a video showing how to adjust the stands if that will help.
That's the video I used to get mine working correctly. It is a real Mickey Mouse design I hated it from day one the old design used on the LA434 loaders was a lot better. It's a shame because the tractor is awesome otherwise.

Prlorg55

Equipment
Kubota B2601/LA435, 60" MMM, Grapple, Tiller, Box Blade, Trailer, Spreader
Jun 21, 2021
NW Tennessee
Right after I got my B2601 in 2020 I was using the Land Pride grapple I bought with the tractor/LA435 to clear some brush and I noticed that one of the parking stands was hanging down swinging in the wind. I found that the bolt/roller that holds the parking stand up when not in use was bent (almost broken). I tied the parking stand up and finished the job I was doing. I called my dealer and they came and got the tractor. A few days later they brought it back all fixed (or so I thought). After using the front loader for a while I noticed that the two bolts/rollers were bent again. Just the weight of the parking stands being bounced around was enough to bend the bolts. I decided to replace the factory bolts with some high strength bolts. I used M8x1.25 x 70mm grade 10.9 bolts to replace the factory bolts. I also went step-by-step though the adjustment procedure for the parking stands. No problems since. However, please be careful to not get the two silver "claws" (#080 on the LA435 Exploded Parts View) that are on the bottom of the loader arms hung on anything such as a limb, etc. as this can pull down on the parking stands putting stress on the bolts/rollers. I would have thought Kubota would have resolved this issue by now.

Edit...one other thing I forgot to mention is that there is a interference issue with the parking stand and loader frame, at least on the LH side of my tractor. The head of bolt #130 in the exploded parts view can hit the loader frame causing downward pressure to be put on the parking stand thus bending/breaking the bolt/roller that holds it in the up/stored position. Kubota must have not done a thorough tolerance stack on the parking stand mechanism. I resolved the issue by grinding an angle on the bolt head so that it cannot catch on the loader frame. I did this to the bolt heads on both sides even though I did not have a problem on the RH side. The bolt head/s can still contact the loader frame but the angle allows it to slip by the frame and not get caught.

Attachments

Last edited:

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I went to the dealer last week and asked them if it was the bolt or something I did. The parts guy showed me the same bolt is used on several different tractors with no issue. I went back to the salesman that sold me the tractor and asked him and as any good salesman would say ”no I have never heard of that problem “:rolleyes:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have the older loader design, no issues. That stand that you can release from on the tractor is I think the problem. Looks over complicated to me - I don't love having to get off the tractor to put mine down, and it's a bit of a contortion to do it without going under the loader whilst hydraulics holding it up, but it's not that big a deal. I take my loader on/off a couple times a month usually, so I'm used to it.