B2601 Headlight bulb change

racerboy

Equipment
B2601
May 10, 2021
NJ
I
as ctfjr mentions, that's what I did. direct to battery with relay, fuse and switch. I wanted to be able to control the ROPS lights independent of factory lights and with or without the key on.

Here's a simple set up that I used... and the lights I got. I mounted the lights on magnets.

View attachment 91630

View attachment 91631

View attachment 91632
I think the magnet idea looks great! Very clean. No problem with them getting jostled and falling off?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I
I think the magnet idea looks great! Very clean. No problem with them getting jostled and falling off?
Not a chance. If I recall correctly, they were rated for 125 lbs each. They are very strong but can be removed/repositioned if necessary.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
GeoHorn
Is your light bar mounted to piece of wood and then mounted to your grill? Or is that just the light in the photo?
I mounted it on a 1” piece of angle…which was welded* to a 1” piece of square tubing…which was drilled to accept a “J-bolt” (Tractor Supply Co.) which hooks onto the grille. Hot wired to the Pos-cable at the starter thru a rocker switch installed in the instrument panel.

*welding is not really necessary as the J-bolt passes thru both angle and square tubing…so would hold them both in-position…. I just didn’t think far enough in advance as I assembled this. :geek:

ACEC3E44-7CE3-4992-AC08-31D0DE25055D.jpeg
D6DFDD3F-3B5A-455C-AF97-06907A683811.jpeg
2F7A6062-91B2-4013-8DE6-EE355844A77E.jpeg

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Tractor Mike (you tube) store offers an LED lightbar with heavy-duty magnets to attach to the ROPS…. but I don’t like for myself to “sit in floodlights” while working at night…(makes me a target…..heh-heh)…and if overhead lightbar is used on the ROPS a lot of “back-glare” is encountered due to the entire tractor-hood/body being illuminated.

I suppose it could be magnetically attached to the hood or grill or brush guard if you’re brave enough to trust magnets.

I later added another lightbar to the upper crossbar of the ROPS facing RearWard to illuminate behind the tractor and installed another rocker-switch to operate it. (Don’t forget to place a 10-15 amp fuse near the source of power for each lightbar.…I used inline fuse holders.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
I replaced the headlight bulbs in my B2301 with some cheap 1156 backup LED's off amazon . Seems to work good what little I have used them. Mostly just to match the LED's mounted on the ROPS. I think I read the polarity on the Kubota headlight socket is reversed, not sure if that is BS or not...the bulbs I bought do mention being a non-polarity design...and like I said they work.

I went the simple route on the ROPS LED's...used the existing holes in the ROPS and mounted them on each side (use them primarily for snow plowing with the ROPS down), used the accessory socket under the fender and a little wire...literally just plug them in using bullet connectors (easy). The lights come with brackets...and used a bolt with a wingnut so they can be easily loosened and flipped to point either forward or reverse (or one each way). They are on all the time but are low powered and being LED's should not burn out for a while. And they are also cheap to replace if ever needed and plenty bright for the little I use the tractor at night in the winter. picture below

Attachments