B2601 grill guard

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Need to add some extra lighting for next winter and was looking at installing inside the grill guard. This is primarily for seeing with a front mount blower. Any reason not to ?

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
I'm about to do the same install myself on the L4760. Haven't decided whether to simply lo-tech splice into existing headlight circuit or add a separate switch. There are some nice marine switches that are weather proof, so may do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Need to add some extra lighting for next winter and was looking at installing inside the grill guard. This is primarily for seeing with a front mount blower. Any reason not to ?

Not a expert but I don't see that would hurt anything. But are you going to be able to see anything other than the back of the snow blower and a cloud of snow? I would mount them high on the rops. Just a opinion.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
That's why I'm looking for advise. I don't plan on having rops fully up and if I mount to top of grill guard it should light my way. Before I drill anything I'll temporarily mount and try if out.

Gader69

Equipment
B2601
Jul 31, 2016
Lloydminster Sk. Canada
I was going to do the same thing on my 2601, but main after dark use was snow removal with either my dozer blade or loader bucket. I clamped a short led light bar I had laying around and tested it only to find all it would light was the backside of either implement. Mounting on the very top bar of the grill guard helped but just did not look right.
However if you decide to go that route I had found a curved 12" led that would have looked really good mounted between the uprights on the guard.
In my case ended up installing a single 18" led bar facing forward on the ROPS and two rear facing square led's. Works great for night time snow plowing.

Attachments

Last edited: