B2601 grill guard? Which one?

Sid Post

Equipment
Kubota L4600F and B2601
Oct 12, 2013
Texas, Oklahoma
I need to get a grill guard for my B2601. In the pasture and orchard, the hood is taking some abuse from big weeds and small shrubs or tree branches.

Is the factory Kubota one a good option? Or, how about some aftermarket options? Or, maybe I should purchase some brackets from Kubota and then weld up something myself?

Thoughts?

TIA,
Sid

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The factory one is not that good. You will need to modify it by adding expanded metal to cover the large holes. If you have the time and skills build one yourself and save some money. Look over the forum there have been some nice ones showing up on here that you could model from to make yours. If you do not run a FEL look at what this guy builds for a different tractor. He has some good ideas that you might build into yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The B2601 needs two things... in its stock form, the guard sticks obtusely out like an under bite. you can buy a kit from Kubota which allows the guard to tilt back. Second weld in some expanded metal or grating and a few cross pieces. I failed to put in enough protection at the lower part, and took a stick through the grille while brush hogging,

The tilt kit is not found in parts department, its found through sales under whole goods
"B3412 – Grill Guard Tilt Kit B2601" its about $65

stock

with tilt kit