B2601 fuse issue

johncrumbie

Equipment
B2601
Jun 26, 2020
Covington, GA
I keep blowing the 10A fuse for panel/lights. At first I thought it was due to broken headlight lense but then determined it was caused by seat sensors. Replace fuse, run tractor, get off tractor still runs, lift seat and fuse blows tractor shuts off. Replace fuse and continue. Until now. Tractor was outside for 3 days of heavy rain. Turn key and fuse blows before anything lights up. Checking wiring and cleaning switches. Ordered two saftey switches for under seat. Will check other safety switches and neutral switch.
Am I going in right direction or not. I'll try but I don't think I can check switch voltage until short is located.
Thanks

Update. Problem solved. Got two seat safety switches from Messicks. Seat tilt up switch was not the problem. Seat pressure switch was. Fixed and still running.

Thanks for help with everyone's replies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
I don't have a workshop manual for your tractor but the easiest way to troubleshoot this is to disconnect the battery and then use your meter (either DMM or VOM) set to read resistance. With the battery negative lead disconnected at the battery, connect your black meter lead/probe to ground and put the other meter lead on the fuse side of the safety switch and see if it is showing a short (near 0 ohms reading) to ground. With the battery disconnected, you can safely manipulate the switch wiring and switch body to find where the short to ground that blows your fuse is occurring.

I suspect wiring (pinched wire or rubbing which has led to damaged insulation), but a break (either internal or external) in the safety switch body can cuase a short to a grounded mounting bracket.

Rodger

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Really need the wiring diagram but I don't see WHY 'seat switches' would have anything to do with 'panel/lights' fuse blowing. Odds are it is a pinched/cut wire in/near the wiring harness the seat switches are near ? Form an operational view the seat switches are for 'running the tractor' and shouldn't 'control' the lights.

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Often fuses in smaller/simpler equipment are used to protect a multitude of circuits with disparate functions and I suspect that is the case with the OP's tractor. It isn't like a car or truck where they may be 100 or more fuses and breakers spread across three or more boxes.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Whatever you do, do NOT put in a larger fuse either to keep it from blowing or for troubleshooting.

Just don't.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I wonder if you got critters living in there some place

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Post 6 in the following thread is same tractor and kinda sorta what you are experiencing and what he found was problem, Post 7 whitetiger provides electrical wiring diagram for your tractor if you don't already have it. For other thread CLICK HERE