B2601 but what implements and attachments?

Paulstate

Equipment
Kubota
I'm a newbie Frist time tractor buyer! Purchase 3.8 level acres mostly woods with a pond, had about an acre in the middle cleared with a skid steer that mulched. I want to keep the back third all woods, middle like a park setting with pond and trees, the front third fruit tree orchard with a home. Would a bush hog chop up the mulch left over from the trees and brush on the ground? Don't have a lot to mow right now maybe the fence line but I will in the future! Right now working on devolving the landscape, removing down trees and brush, planting trees and moving soil. I'm pretty much sold on a Kubota B2601 with FEL, but WHAT implements should I purchase? Should I purchase a mmm or wate till I need it? Box scraper?

Last edited:

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
Re: B2601 but WHAt implements and attachments?

I can't really speak to any of your direct questions. I would add to your list though.
1. A tooth bar for the bucket if you want to try to do any excavation type work. I have the piranha bar and it seems to be indestructible.
2. Some kind of weight for the back end. I didn't fill my tires for a number of reasons so lifting anything heavy was precarious at best. I bought the titan attachments weight box and it has helped with offsetting heavy fel loads as well as giving it better traction when I am trying to push dirt around.
3. I didn't have space for a bush hog, but now that I have a barn to store my crap in, I kind of wish I would have gotten one of those instead of the MMM mower. It really limits your ground clearance, and though I am getting better at it, it is still a pain to detach the thing. I haven't been that happy with it either as far as mowing the fields. Seems to leave lots of stubble behind. The tires flatten it down so the mower doesn't chop it off, then it bounces back up after I have gone by.
4. I like my canopy. You might not want one if you have lots of trees though. I could see ripping it off if you weren't careful.

Last edited:

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Welcome! I'm pretty new to OTT myself but not Kubota tractors, there great machines. If you treat them right they'll last a life time.

Weight for the back. You can buy or make a ballast box or use an attachment on the rear that is heavy enough to balance your loader.

A brush hog might be a good investment if your mowing rough areas that have heavy weeds, grass and small saplings from trees and shrubs.

A set of pallet forks is also really handy for hauling brush and logs and all kinds of other stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paulstate

Equipment
Kubota

I like the idea of the piranha bar, can you actually dig with it?

2017 Kubota B2601HSD 26hp 4wd
Hydrastat

Kubota LA434 Front End Loader
with 54" Pin-On bucket

Land pride Rcr1248 4ft bush hog

Land pride BB1248 4ft box blade

Total delivered $18,843

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have seen lots of guys digging with them,,, yupp

Paulstate

Equipment
Kubota
Talk to a few guys and everyone says "Get the pallet Forks"! Quick connect or the hand mounted?
Hydrastat

with 54" Pin-On bucket

Land pride Rcr1248 4ft bush hog

Total delivered $18843

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Talk to a few guys and everyone says "Get the pallet Forks"! Quick connect or the hand mounted?
Hydrastat

with 54" Pin-On bucket

Land pride Rcr12484ft bush hog

Total delivered $18843
I wouldn't get the loader without the quick attach. It gives you lots of future options and makes switching from bucket to say forks super easy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
If you think you will be utilizing the 2601 for finish mowing, now is the time to get the mid mount mower. They won't get any cheaper than now...then again, if you can get by with a rear finish mower, then you can pick those up much cheaper than the mid mount at a later date..

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO

I like the idea of the piranha bar, can you actually dig with it?
I love the piranha bar but it is a compromise. These little tractors aren't excavators, so don't envision digging up bucket fulls of dirt out of virgin ground. I do have very hard clay soil though, I can't really dig, I can strategically and methodically scrape away layers and eventually I make some progress. For digging, a traditional tooth bar will function better.

What is nice about the piranha bar is that it protects the edge, does a pretty good imitation of a ratchet rake for smoothing out the ground and gathering debris, and it gives you some digging ability. Also, I haven't ever had to take it off, it doesn't impede the original functionality of the bucket.

You can google digging holes with a piranha bar and see some pretty impressive holes in the ground. Like I said though, a lot depends on your soil, especially with a B series tractor, they just aren't heavy enough.

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
I would strongly recommend the QA for your loader. I have a 2016 B2601 and would not live without it. My old B2620 had the pin on style and was a real PITA.

Definitely ballast box, forks, and some ROPS lights.

I would consider a Piranha Bar as well if you want to do any minor digging; the standard bucket is great for mulch but stinks for digging.

Oh yeah; get good insurance!

pak

Dec 30, 2016
NE, Wa.
Another vote for the QA. The quick attach was the reason I bought the 2601. I was looking at the BXs. In addition to the bucket I have pallet forks. Changing the two takes seconds and you will be surprised how often you will need the other (bucket or forks). I have a back blade which stays on always for counter balance. I also have a bush hog and Pat's quick change hooks for the 3 pt.

jimjoe

Equipment
b2601
Apr 21, 2015
brimfield
does anyone know if the quick attach pallet forks for the la463 loader are the same for the la434 loader? L2800 VS B2601.

Husker

Equipment
B2601
Apr 18, 2015
Western TN
I have a B2601.. love it. Definitely get the quick attach. I also have a land pride grapple. lots of woods on our acreage.

Also, have a finish mower.. not the MMM... quick and easy to hook up.

Maybe get a box blade... roto tiller, later.

I had a BX2670... this B2601 has about the same hp....but nearly twice the hydraulics. lots more lifting power. love it... you will, too.

Dontwannaflip

Equipment
2016 B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Dec 11, 2016
Kitsap,WA
Loving my B2601 too, only about 15 hours on it. When I started specifying the machine with the dealer, I emphasized my desire for the quick attach. He basically said "oh yeah, they all come with that standard." Your experience might be different.

I will say to be very sure when operating that you carefully verify that the QA pins are properly engaged when installing your bucket or forks. I somehow managed to miss once and dropped the bucket from about 5ft high like a guillotine. Luckily nobody was nearby to get hit (or laugh at me.) It could have been deadly.:(

My wish list includes:
- Box blade, hoping I can use a 60" but not sure on this machine.
- FEL Forks
- Piranha tooth bar or similar
- Lights
- Battery tender
- Maybe after the next extended power outage, the wife will force me to get a PTO generator:rolleyes:

Rad8tion

Equipment
B2601 BH70 EA Forks and BB
Nov 1, 2016
Ashaway RI
Dontwanna,

Your plans seem exactly like mine, B2601 FEL and BH, I got a 60" box blade and SSQA forks from Everything attachments. Awesome well built attachments, much heavier / stronger than the tractor supply BB that I borrowed from a buddy. My B2601 handles the 60" just fine, I've used it to re grade my driveway and a chunk of my New England rocky back yard. having the extra width made it easier to get up against the garage and back of the house. I just got a piranha tooth bar, haven't mounted it yet. Next is a SSQA plow and ROPS lights. LED headlight bulbs made a big difference, but moving snow at night, bucket can get in the way of the headlights.

I stand on the attachment to make sure it's seated as I close the quick attach pins, dealer was adamant I do that, as bent pins weren't covered under warranty...

I convinced the financial adviser I needed the forks to move around her gardening stuff and get the box blade out of the truck. I had them load the BB in the truck then forks SSQA plate facing the tailgate, made it easy to get everything out of the truck. I think I use the forks more than the bucket.

-Rad8tion

Dontwannaflip

Equipment
2016 B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Dec 11, 2016
Kitsap,WA
Rad8tion, I didn't even think about needing the forks to get a box blade off the truck. Terrific idea for justifying it to my financial advisor sooner rather than later!

I see in the manual that a 54" box blade is the max recommended, thus my concern. I plan to do periodic driveway maintenance (~700ft) and redo some future lawn areas that are uneven and have become overgrown. I figure that if I can't get all rippers to rip in my tough soil, then I'll retract one or two and get it done a little more slowly. Do you have any trouble dragging/planing a box full of gravel with your 60 incher? It seems like that function would be harder to accommodate with a horsepower or weight deficit.

(Sorry Paulstate, I don't mean to get too far off topic with box blade discussion)

Rad8tion

Equipment
B2601 BH70 EA Forks and BB
Nov 1, 2016
Ashaway RI
It pulls an over flowing load of gravel up my hill no struggling at all. In the yard, braking new ground with the tires on dirt that I had already graded and was soft I'd need to use the diff lock to not spin a tire. Thats the closest to having a problem with a 60" BB. I found the weight a big plus (over the 48" BB I borrowed) in getting the shanks to dig in to my hard packed crush and run driveway.