9. Boom cylinder replaced, still drifts
10. Boom cylinder rebuilt, still drifts
11. Valve body probably defective causing drift
12. Dipper replaced, they forgot all 6 bushings
13. Hose to tractor leaks
14. Seat wouldn't swivel, faulty dealer install
15. Control handles completely loose, almost fell off

"limits of its capabilities"
I really thought there would be more power and lift, maybe pressure is too low, don't know yet. I have been reaching the limits of travel on almost every project. That 20% is way more troublesome than you might think, there is often a limited area where you can dump the bucket, I find it often.
Have you compared your BH to the BH77?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Have you compared your BH to the BH77?
Like you, this was my first rodeo. I hope that I am just a bit smarter now and would not trust Kubota or their dealers to chance in the future. Check everything, for example I forgot to mention that ALL of the sub-frame bolts were not tight enough. The BH77 specifications are a bit better in every aspect and now I know that the little extra means a lot.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Wow thanks for all the replies! I really liked the LX/BH77 that I tested at the dealer. I’m just having trouble dealing with the cost of all of this. Even the BX23S is a lot of money and so the incremental price increases are challenging to accept. Maybe I’m over researching. The trouble is that there has to be a point that the just-a-little-more isn’t worth it.
Without reading the second page of this thread, at this point all I can think to say is that when you look back after 20 years, you will be glad you went with a more capable tractor/backhoe...mine is 20 years old now and maybe 1800 hours (without checking it), and still going strong.

Buy once, cry once. It is a LONG term investment.

After buying an old mini ex at the end of 2020, I wonder how I was satisfied with 180 degree tractor backhoe swing, when with the mini ex, I get 360 degrees...LOL

Still have the tractor backhoe though... :)

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
OP: One way of looking at your tractor choice is to examine the physical dimensions of each of the series you have considered. The length, width & weight basically define each tractor, all of the BX/B/LX/L 23-26 HP versions are different and oriented/suited for slightly different use & situations.

Sounds like a LX2610HSDC might be the upper end of your short list; take a look at GP Outdoors on YouTube, he has that setup and really puts it to work. Lots of questions answered by his videos. (y)

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Here’s my question:
Does the added capability from the BH77 swing arc justify the extra $3,500 price that it would be to jump to the LX2610/BH77 combo? If so why? I am very new to equipment so I appreciate your expertise. The B2601 is already pretty much at the top of my budget when implements are included but I also don’t want to make an expensive mistake. The wait time for the LX is probably 4-6 months.
I have the B2601 and just got my BH70 yesterday (9 month wait). Got my feet wet today. (-:

First off, I'd like to mention that I have had no quality issues. I've got a great dealer who installed and quality checked my BH before delivering it to me.

If you're at the top of your budget, you make due with what you can afford. Is the BH77 better, well, heck yeah. Will the BH70 do what you need? Yes, but it will take you a little longer. As far as the swing arc; it's a bit irritating, but not a deal breaker. Spoils just get left a little closer to the working area.

Reactions: 1 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Quick, how did the BH70 installation go? Dealer must have grabbed your tractor, back to the shop for install, and back to your place....That's the plan my dealer has in place, if....:oops:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Spoils just get left a little closer to the working area.

That's a GOOD thing ! it takes less time to refill the trench with them !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fishdrivel

Equipment
b2501
Nov 24, 2020
georgia
I am at this point as well right now as I am considering finally replacing my 37 year old B7200 hst. I have been researching the LX series and am having serious concerns about them. On line I find folks complaining about pedal response, hydro noise and slow speed on travel. Even my dealer seems to think that the B series is a better choice. I would also like a cab but the only choice with the B is aftermarket. I have a 4000 foot driveway to clear snow from and am tired of freezing.
My backhoe has a 180 degree swing which I use all the time so that would also be an issue with me. When digging out a ditch on an angle the 140 deg swing would definitely be problematic. I do like the fact that the BH70 uses the tractor seat in reverse though.
Seems that I might have to go with the B2601, aftermarket cab and retrofit my old BH to the B2601 back hoe subframe.
I have about 2200 hours on my B7200 and still operates fine but parts are becoming harder to find and costly.
I could certainly use a much larger tractor on my 80 acres (mostly rented out) but I also have to occasionally transport it and the LX is probably the largest I could go. The new B series are a bit larger than the B7200.
I have a B2601 and I would not put a cab on it.
The wheelbase is too narrow!
If I wanted a cab (I don't) I would go with an L series - much wider unit.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Quick, how did the BH70 installation go? Dealer must have grabbed your tractor, back to the shop for install, and back to your place....That's the plan my dealer has in place, if....:oops:
Yes, this is what happened. Dealer kept it 3 weeks due to staffing shortages though! Talk about tractor withdrawls! Puttered around in the shop the whole time just looking where the tractor was suppose to be. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I have a B2601 and I would not put a cab on it.
The wheelbase is too narrow!
If I wanted a cab (I don't) I would go with an L series - much wider unit.
The only L series that has a cab is the L3560. It also has the mid PTO option that I require for my front mount blower. This is just too much tractor and HP for my needs. I want a cab just for snow clearing my 4000 foot long driveway. I prefer a cab that I can disassemble in the good weather leaving the roof for sun protection. I do a lot of work in the woods and have enough trouble dodging limbs with the ROPS let alone trying not to wreck a cab. If I was still a farmer and working long days in the hot summers then I would get the full cab with A/C.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Idahomestead, have you considered renting a BX to try out from Home Depot or other rental center for a weekend or a week? I would normally recommend a larger tractor for work in the woods, but, if you decide a BX is suitable, you may be able to find a good deal on a used BX.

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
B2650, BH77, SG0660 grapple, pallet forks, Bobcat 60" box blade
Oct 5, 2021
Another consideration, as far as swing-arc goes...with 90 deg, I can swing the bucket over 90 degrees, back straight up to the house, put down the outriggers without fear of them hitting the house, and then dig in a straight line parallel with the wall. I don't know how possible that is with a more limited swing arc. I know it's a pretty limited use case, but it's one I plan to use this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user