B2601 60 inch mower deck keeps dropping

Rizzkid12

Equipment
B2601 60 inch mmm. FEL R14 tires
Feb 9, 2024
NorthEast
Hello All

I have a brand new 2024 B2601 with an Rck60-32 mid mount mower deck. The cutting height dial would drop from position 4 to 3 or 2 etc so I had the dealer address the issue. Per my suggestion they added a washer on top of the staircase cam (part # 030) that sets the mowing height. They also put in a brand-new cam (part#030) and a new arm (#140). This reduced the cutting dial and knob free play which solved most of the issue, but it is still not 100% resolved. It's much better now but still drops from position 4 to 3.75 and 3.5 while mowing 3 acres over an hour plus on fairly flat ground. I Also tried adding more tension to the retainer plate spring (#080) by bending it and actually bought a new retainer spring (#080) and made no difference. I also went through the mower deck manual and verified that everything is adjusted correctly, and the "TOP" position works fine as well. Any idea how to resolve this issue? I'm not convinced the dealer or mechanics have any other ideas, so I prefer to resolve it on my own. Other than this the tractor is great. Any advice here would be great, esp. those that have a similar issue. Thanks in advance for any advice, I will pay it forward.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
That is unacceptable. The dealer needs to fix it . The possibility of you making things worse is always there in these situations. For what these small tractors cost you shouldn't have to be fixing it. I have a B 2601 with about 120 hours on it and love it. I have had no problems other than a few I created myself. Good luck.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
do the three point lift arms have anything to do with the mower deck? If it does, maybe try closing the drop rate control knob a bit. It should be located under the seat area.

If I'm not mistaken, your tractor model uses a suspension mounted deck (like Bx's). My BX did that if the knob was too loose and the machine was bouncing due to uneven terrain.

diagram on the right side of the page

B2601 3ptlowering knob.JPG

Last edited:

Rizzkid12

Equipment
B2601 60 inch mmm. FEL R14 tires
Feb 9, 2024
NorthEast
Thanks for your comments, guys. AFter a third attempt repairing this, the dealer custom grinded deeper notches on the staircase Cam and contoured the lift arm finger for a tighter fit. This is the first time I was able to mow my 4 acres and it didn't drop at all. I hope it will be consistently reliable, but time will tell.