B2601 3pt left tilt

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Hi All,

I have a B2601 and need to be able to tilt my box blade to the left but only the right-hand lift rod is adjustable. I tried swapping arms from one side to the other, but as I'm sure most of you know, that doesn't work.

Is there an adjustable left-side lift rod like the one on the right? I can't seem to find a site online that simply lists all of the optional components available for my tractor. I don't need a hydraulic one, just a simple turn one like the stock one on the right.

Any pointers, with a part number if possible, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Not specific to your model tractor, but usually the fixed link only fits on the left side but the adjustable will fit either side. If you don’t require Kubota OEM, measuring the max/min length on the adjustable you already have and picking up a generic with an acceptable length range may be a cost effective option that’s easy to source. Not saying the below is precisely what you need but as an example:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, I'm curious...
Why can't you swap the adjustable lift rod for the fixed one ?
I looked a the online parts drawings and the lower links (arms) are the same part, I assume the rockshaft lift ends are the same. Nothing stands out in the drawings as to why they can't be swapped....

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'm curiouser. Why can't you lengthen the one on the right to tilt it to the left?

There was someone on here not long ago thinking about putting adjusters on both sides.

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
The left side arm is shaped in a way that when you move it to the other side, rotating it so it would seemingly match the other one, the welded bracket at the bottom is at the wrong angle and won't fit around the lower arms. I was completely surprised by this as they "look" like they should fit, but nooooo.

I'm not sure where you saw the part list showing the lower link rods being the same part. From the factory, the left side is a fixed rod and the right side is adjustable. You can kinda see it in the diagram below, notice the right side (#6) is different from the left (#3).

Capture.JPG

I have raised the right side to tilt the blade to the left some, but I'm trying to level a spot on a sloped bank and the obstacles around me make it so I can only pull from one direction. I can't even push into it from the side to try and dig it out a little. The slope of the hill is just a bit more than I can cut with one side raised. It doesn't raise high enough. This is probably a job for a skidsteer, but I don't have one of those!

I've been working back and forth with the bite I can get, but it's still about 2" from being level and with the tractor sitting at an angle, I'm just not biting deep enough.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
The lower clevis often has more than one hole. Maybe you could temporarily use the alternate hole on one side?

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The left side arm is shaped in a way that when you move it to the other side, rotating it so it would seemingly match the other one, the welded bracket at the bottom is at the wrong angle and won't fit around the lower arms. I was completely surprised by this as they "look" like they should fit, but nooooo.
You’re exactly correct about that little bit of angle being the problem with swapping. It’s also a “problem” moving the adjustable link to the left side but with the adjustable link it’s easily solved by turning the bottom a half turn while leaving the top stationary. That puts the little angle in the correct direction to fit the left side. So your fixed link only fits the left side: adjustable should fit either side.

My L works the same way. Our 9N worked the same way. Our H works the same way. And all of them have adjustable side links on both sides.

Before you spend any money, test this for your specific tractor by taking the adjustable link off the right side and confirm you can put it on the left side by simply reversing the angle on the bottom half of the link. If you can, and there’s a 99% chance you can, you’re overthinking and overcomplicating a common simple problem that has a common simple solution: just buy an additional adjustable link, which could be another OEM or a generic AM, and run an adjustable on both sides.

If you attempt to move the adjustable link from the right side to left side and a simple half twist of the lower clevis end doesn’t make it fit, my sincere apologies, but it’s a relatively cheap, easy solution that has solved the exact problem you have on every tractor I have and many others in our hilly area where the issue you have is pretty common.

BTW: Looking at the pics below, the sidelink clevises probably all look straight but, just like yours, they all have that little angle.
6FDA1588-F1A7-4F8A-B8AA-65924A7DEA36.jpeg
D7A64534-12F0-45C5-AEB7-D1318F6FABDD.jpeg

74F1EC1B-DB21-419F-BA04-9A77104F7479.jpeg

Last edited:

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Unfortunately, the lower clevis on my 2601 only has one hole on both the fixed and the adjustable rods.
not the down links...the arms that they attach too, there '' should be '' about 2-3 holes that go outwards along the lower lifting arms ?. if you have them ?, move the left side lifting link that attaches to the lower lifting arm on a further outwards hole.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
The 3pt lift arms on my B26 has two holes. Installed geared side link adjuster (Weaver Tractor) and Pat’s quick hitches (longer arm length) gives easy and good amount of adjustment for grade work. Did require a little bit of fabrication.
808D93CA-2858-4A52-AC9E-53B1F1D46E59.jpeg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
msm's drawing nicely shows the extreme angles the 'lift rods'(3 and 6 ) have,unlike the parts page.
all my tractors (older, like 5 decades ..) I can swap lift rods. it might be a size/design challenge, hence the big bends. I have a 9N adj lift rod on the shelf here,just no tractor for it.
It's the 'lower links' that are the same part numbers, just flipped over.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Shorten up on right to have the left side tilt.
Yes. On both of my Kubotas (Grand L and BX), adjusting the right 3 pt link to its midpoint made the implement level, lengthening the right link tilted the implement down to the right, and shortening the right link tilted the implement to the left. Each tractor would tilt the same amount in either direction.

The amount of tilt available in the 3 point arms is not great, maybe 10 degrees or less. Implements that might need more tilt usually can be found with built-in tilt features. An offset rear blade, for example, usually can tilt up to 45 deg. for ditching, etc.

Maybe not a great idea to get the 3 point arms too far out of their standard triangular attachment geometry, hence the limited adjustments?

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
350FC63C-966E-472A-B133-96F574147845.jpeg
Don’t know if it’s a good idea or not but with an adjustable link on both sides I run mine well past 10 degrees without damage. Admittedly a different model.

Reactions: 1 users

Mikeymotorbikey

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2022
North Branch, Minnesota
I've been contemplating a hydraulic tilt link and my plan was always to move the right, adjustable one to the left side and add the hydraulic to the right side.

As the OP has noted, you can't just swap links from side to side. Well, you can with the adjustable, it's not orientated correct any more but it would work. The left fixed link will definitely not work on the right side.

I've only ever seen a hydraulic link on the right side of a tractor.
Is there any magic to this?
Can a guy add the hydraulic link to the left side and keep the adjustable on the right side for "double adjustability"?

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I've only ever seen a hydraulic link on the right side of a tractor.
Is there any magic to this?
Can a guy add the hydraulic link to the left side and keep the adjustable on the right side for "double adjustability"?
[/QUOTE]
It’s probably a throwback to the 3 point plow days. For a moldboard plow where the first row is on flat ground and subsequent rows are with one wheel in the ditch you just plowed the adjustment is preferable on the right side based on my distant memory of plowing with a pair of 16” moldboards.

I have no hard evidence to back that up, but that’s my theory.

Edit: And all 3 of our tractors (one of which has moved on to a new owner) have adjustable links on both sides. My L has the hydraulic on the right and manual on the left. I rarely move the manual but there are times it’s useful to have the option to adjust either or both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user