B26 Loader Level Linkages... What does the cable do?

mmurray70

Mar 8, 2020
Newfoundland,Canada
Hi Guys,

I just bought a used B26 and the loader level linkages are all messed up. Trying to figure out exactly what the extra linkage that goes to a cable does. The cable feeds back to the loader valve, has an arm that appears to make the bucket uncurl.

Is this supposed to be a self leveling setup? Or does it simply uncurl the bucket if you raise the loader too high so you dont dump a bucket of rocks over yourself? Thinking it might be a safety for the last scenario.

If it was a self leveling setup it would be handy and might be worth fixing. But It looks like it can only uncurl the bucket, so im thinking it must just be a safety feature. If it were leveling it must work both ways right?

Can anybody confirm what this is and what its supposed to do? Thanks.
A01500.png

mmurray70

Mar 8, 2020
Newfoundland,Canada
Thank you Dave, thats exactly what I needed to know. Any issues with water getting in and cable freezing? My cable end is all bent up and linkages are missing. Anything else that could of damaged it other then freezing?

Parts are little expensive. I might try and make up linkages someday though. But would hate to have cable freeze and break again.

jimr63

Equipment
M5-091HDC, L47TLB, L4701F, ZD1211-72, GR2120-54, RTV-X1140
Jun 24, 2015
SOMD
Thank you Dave, thats exactly what I needed to know. Any issues with water getting in and cable freezing? My cable end is all bent up and linkages are missing. Anything else that could of damaged it other then freezing?

Parts are little expensive. I might try and make up linkages someday though. But would hate to have cable freeze and break again.
My B21 was had a similar spill guard setup without the cable part. I bent the rod going out to the bucket in the woods one day within the first year and removed it. Used it that way for years before I got around to fixing it. Should have fixed it sooner. It’s a really nice feature to have.