B26 FEL Hydraulic Issues

Gatesway

Equipment
B26 TLB
Jun 6, 2011
North Carolina
The B26 has a quick disconnect (skid steer) for the bucket. When I take it off (the bucket) and put on the forks, the “pads” on the FEL are not aligned...and when I tilt them down to put on the forks, the left one moves faster than the right.

This tractor is new to me. 2013 B26 TLB.

Thanks for any help!

John

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
The cylinders are plumbed in parallel, so the one with least resistance AND/OR the one that is closer to the supply lines will move first, 100% normal. There is usually a "tie rod" between the two sides to help keep them timed close together, sometimes it's welded and sometimes it's pinned-not sure what the B26 uses.

CurtisC

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 12, 2011
Elk Park, NC
The cylinders are plumbed in parallel, so the one with least resistance AND/OR the one that is closer to the supply lines will move first, 100% normal. There is usually a "tie rod" between the two sides to help keep them timed close together, sometimes it's welded and sometimes it's pinned-not sure what the B26 uses.
On your B26 the "tie rod" should be a 1 1/4" piece of pipe that passes thru both sides of each quick hitch "pad" bracket and is continuously welded at each pass -thru (4 pl.). If you're able to get relative movement of one pad to the other with no implement attached, the pipe or the welds are broken - not likely. If one pad moves a little relative to the other as it disengages the implement then quits - 1) your quick hitch was welded up with the pads improperly aligned, 2) was bent perhaps by being loaded up on one side with no implement attached, or 3) your implement is bent. If the pad alignment is out (check against known flat surface), try curling the bucket cylinders with bucket removed and one pad restrained (chained to immovable object) such that free pad moves into the plain of the one restrained.