B26 Backhoe Help

Lanewigs

Equipment
B26 and B21
Jan 9, 2022
PA
I have a B26 but it does not have a backhoe. No idea what happened to it. I bought the machine used. I’ve been looking for a Kubota BT820 (what it would have come with from the factory) but cannot find one. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternate brand? Bradco, woods , etc? Any thoughts on one that will use the existing B26 subframe?

Lopez69

Equipment
B26.laurin cab/64" rear s/b
Mar 25, 2017
Quebec
If you lived near me,you’d be in luck I know someone that has one for sale…but may I suggest keeping eyes peeled and stick too original backhoe…you won’t regret it…

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you lived near me,you’d be in luck I know someone that has one for sale…but may I suggest keeping eyes peeled and stick too original backhoe…you won’t regret it…
Could be a looooong wait to find an OEM backhoe!

Lanewigs

Equipment
B26 and B21
Jan 9, 2022
PA
Maybe. It it is a nice machine and I’ve been all through it, so I’d prefer to find a backhoe for the one I have. I might find a Bradco and make an adapter to my existing subframe. It wouldn’t alter the BU or the subframe so it would allow me to get some work done while I keep any eye out for the BT820.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Maybe. It it is a nice machine and I’ve been all through it, so I’d prefer to find a backhoe for the one I have. I might find a Bradco and make an adapter to my existing subframe. It wouldn’t alter the BU or the subframe so it would allow me to get some work done while I keep any eye out for the BT820.
The advice from "Mikester" above is the best advice you will get.
You will likely spend YEARS searching for a used BT820 to fit your machine,..... and never find one!
People RARELY take a BH off a machine to sell it separately, unless the machine has perhaps been fire damaged.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If having trouble finding the hoe, and another machine is an option, a used mini is a great option with way more capability for digging. (If you can find what you are looking for in an machine).

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
I have a B26 but it does not have a backhoe. No idea what happened to it.
It's possible that your B26 was purchased as a tractor loader. If there are no signs that a backhoe was attached, that could be the case.
I purchased a new L47 as a TL and added the B the following year. If you price out just a backhoe from Kubota you at least will know what your max cost would be. It may be in line with an aftermarket model.
My BT1000b was almost $10k
I would agree with others that finding a backhoe without a tractor would be difficult. If it was priced right I suppose you could buy a TLB, then sell the TL.;)