B2410 Questions

F2036

Jan 25, 2014
Bondurant Ia
I'm probably going to end up driving a ways to loo k at a 2003 b2410.
It has a 60" belly mower and a la305 loader, with 800 and some hours on the tach, and turf tires. In the pictures I've seen it looks pretty decent. Is Is there anything I should be sure to look at?
I have had a B7100 TLB and now have a BX1850, I'd like to get back to the B size tractor.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Difficult question.

I would first look at the seller and see if I had a good feeling about him, all things considered.

I would ask if he had maintenance records...though if like me, and followed the recommended maintenance recommendations pretty close, he may not.

800 hours is low for that age tractor I would say. My B2910 that is not used heavily, has about double that and it was bought in 2001 or maybe 2002.

Hours on my B2910 are tachometer hours, as compared to the actually key on hours on my BX2200. Not that this matters, but on my B2910 I figure the actual hours of usage are about 1.5 times what the hour meter shows. My guess is that the B2410 also shows tach hours.

You might see how it starts, but first touch the engine block to see if he warmed it up or not. A cold start would be a better indication of something...

Check fluid levels as an indication of care taken by the owner during use. Including the front axle.

I would ask for proof of ownership, like the original purchase paperwork, or a bill of sale, or such.

When I bought my used mini ex last year, I wrote a bill of sale myself, for the seller and me to sign, with a copy for the seller, stating that the seller was the sole owner of the equipment, that there were no liens or encumbrances on it, stating the sellers name and address and drivers license number, etc. Might be worth it to your, or maybe not.