B2410 Power Beyond?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Edit: I think I read somewhere that if you have a rear remote and want to use it for a log splitter, you can do this by using a bungee cord or something similar, to hold the lever down, thereby diverting hydraulic flow to the splitter valve and back to the tank via I suppose a different connection to the return to tank circuit. Never did it, never will, so my memory could be incorrect on this...
If doing that the log splitter return is via the second port on the tractor's remote valve. A remote with detent is preferable to bungee cords.

Dan

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
For now I have the rear remote adapter for the tractor and a pair of hoses long enough to connect to the splitter and will configure the hose ends to plug together when not in use.

I looked into it more, the rear spools should be the same set up as the loader spools, with open center and a tank drain, with power beyond for the 3 PH, IF you want the 3 PH to work while the spools are in use, otherwise they can be normal open center. Alternately there is a kit that connects directly to the power beyond with up to 4 remotes, electrically controlled and mounts to the ROPS.

Because it connects to PB it doesn't require a drain, it's essentially the same as a log splitter or backhoe. For under a grand, 4 remotes can be added, that just plug right in.

I guess at one point Kubota had a full fledged rear remote setup that had all the parts similar to what is used on the newer tractors, with the spools mounted to the HST, and controlled by levers. At least that is what it looks like in the service manual, but can't locate a parts diagram on them.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
For now I have the rear remote adapter for the tractor and a pair of hoses long enough to connect to the splitter and will configure the hose ends to plug together when not in use.

I looked into it more, the rear spools should be the same set up as the loader spools, with open center and a tank drain, with power beyond for the 3 PH, IF you want the 3 PH to work while the spools are in use, otherwise they can be normal open center. Alternately there is a kit that connects directly to the power beyond with up to 4 remotes, electrically controlled and mounts to the ROPS.

Because it connects to PB it doesn't require a drain, it's essentially the same as a log splitter or backhoe. For under a grand, 4 remotes can be added, that just plug right in.

I guess at one point Kubota had a full fledged rear remote setup that had all the parts similar to what is used on the newer tractors, with the spools mounted to the HST, and controlled by levers. At least that is what it looks like in the service manual, but can't locate a parts diagram on them.
A lot of misunderstanding and confusion in that.

Your rear remote valves "should" be open center and configured with a power beyond circuit and separate tank return. Most commodity directional control valves block the power beyond circuit when a spool is shifted - e.g. the 3pt will not work when a remote spool/cylinder is in use.

Using a valve without a power beyond circuit to power the 3pt hitch will work but will exceed the manufacturers specified maximum on the tank return pressure. It will also defeat the input pressure relief if any in the valve. Unlike a valve with power beyond the 3pt hitch will work when any valve is shifted because the 3pt is being powered by exhaust oil form the cylinder(s). The cylinders are connected in series which results in cylinder pressure intensification and unpredictable/undesirable load interaction. It is bad/poor practice and should be avoided when possible.

The solenoid valves you are looking at are all or none spools with no metering capability for controlling the speed of cylinder actuation. They will also put all of the work circuit loads in series with the same load interaction and pressure intensification you get with a manual valve without power beyond.

Dan