B2400 HSD Intermittent Run Issue

Richard619

Equipment
B2400HSD
Oct 20, 2023
Lakeside Ca
Have recently acquired a late 90's B2400HSD with only 360 hours on it. Most of the time starts and runs fine but sometimes will start fine and idle fine but then if I raise the Gannon or use buckets hydraulics or put in gear will idle very rough and then die. Fluids have all been changed and at proper levels. I would think maybe seat or other safety switch, but this only happens intermittently. I assume if a switch were bad that it would die immediately? Do not see a seat switch and all others appear to be operating fine? Very frustrating!

Richard619

Equipment
B2400HSD
Oct 20, 2023
Lakeside Ca
Sounds like it only is getting enough fuel to idle the engine and any load is stalling the machine. Just my guess
That was my initial thought, when in neutral it will ramp up no problem, and about half the time it runs fine no matter what I do! Fuel filter has been changed and fuel appears to be flowing freely, just sputters when I actuate hydraulics or put in gear

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
That was my initial thought, when in neutral it will ramp up no problem, and about half the time it runs fine no matter what I do! Fuel filter has been changed and fuel appears to be flowing freely, just sputters when I actuate hydraulics or put in gear
Could be floating algae in the tank that can cause intermittent stoppage, also check fuel cap vent.

Richard619

Equipment
B2400HSD
Oct 20, 2023
Lakeside Ca
Okay I’m baffled, fired it up today and everything works perfectly! Tried to get tractor to shut off, apparently don’t have a seat switch, both pto’s work fine and tractor ran great! I hate chasing intermittent problems 😏