B2301 Hood Support

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3750, L4310, B20, Genie Boom
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
Would someone post a picture of the bracket that the support rod connects. Shown as “a” in diagram
IMG_3357.png

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I think my B2601 should be the same. If no one has done it by tomorrow, I’ll try to remember to get a photo for you.

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Here's the one on my B2601 if that helps.
IMG_E5300.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Thanks much. It looks like it’s glued. Mine is missing. Thanks again
Looks like you’re set. Glued? That just doesn’t seem like a great long term plan.

Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
That explains why mine is missing. There are no hole in hood to mount it
I was curious enough to look at mind. No trace of any spot welds. I do think that the latch is glued on. Did yours fall off, or was it not installed from the get go?

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3750, L4310, B20, Genie Boom
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
I was curious enough to look at mind. No trace of any spot welds. I do think that the latch is glued on. Did yours fall off, or was it not installed from the get go?
Underneath the hood I do not see any signs the bracket was there. No rod either

Prlorg55

Equipment
Kubota B2601/LA435, 60" MMM, Grapple, Tiller, Box Blade, Trailer, Spreader
Jun 21, 2021
NW Tennessee
I started to raise the hood on my B2601 (with approximately 540 hrs. on the clock) and the hood jammed part of the way up. When I put a little more pressure on it the hood finally raised. However, it would not lock in the raised position as normal. I noticed that the hood support rod bracket had fallen off of the underside of the hood. Also, over time engine vibration had worn a notch in the rod where it goes through the guide slot in the bracket mounted to the top of the engine. The notch in the rod caused it to bind in the guide slot which made the hood difficult to raise. The binding of the rod put enough force on the hood bracket causing it to bend and the double-sided tape failed allowing the assembly to fall. The double-sided tape was not totally bonded to the underside of the hood as there was a lot of dirt between the tape and the hood in some areas. I contacted my dealer and found that my warranty ran out in February so I would have to pay for the repair. The service manager said he had never seen this problem before and there were no active service campaigns for this issue. Please keep an eye on your hood support rod to make sure a notch is not wearing into it. It can cause the hood rod to bind and cause the bracket to fall off and possibly allow the rod to get into the engine fan.

I made the repair myself. I cleaned off all the old double-sided tape adhesive from the bracket and the underside of the hood, bent the hood bracket back into its original shape, filed the notch smooth in the rod so it wouldn't bind, and applied new very-high-bond double-sided tape to the hood bracket. Also, be aware that the rod must be installed into the hood support bracket and routed through the guide slot in the bracket mounted to the top of the engine before the bracket is attached to the underside of the hood. If you don't attach and route the rod first before attaching the hood bracket, you will have to remove the hood from the tractor to install the support rod. (sorry for the long post)

Groove Worn in Support Rod - Copy.JPG Rod Attach_Hinge Pulled Away - Copy.JPG Worn Groove in Rod_Slot in Bracket - Copy.JPG

Reactions: 1 users