b2301 backhoe height question fit in garage

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I have a new b2301 with a backhoe coming in about 10 days I measured my garage door and it is 81 inches. It looks like the transport height is 84 inches. can I leave the backhoe down or out a little to get under the garage door? Thank you

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
can I leave the backhoe down or out a little to get under the garage door?
Sure, once you are in you should either pin it back up or rest it on the floor. The one thing that may be a problem is forgetting to get it positioned properly when going in or out.

You might want to see if the garage door opening can be raised, most residential doors are 84" minus the weather strip but sloppy installers don't take full advantage. Also consider the approach angle and snow buildup.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Tire selection may help you a little also. Go find a dealer with it already mounted if you can and measure it yourself - take a step stool. If I remember right mine was supposed to be 101” and in actuality you can see it’s quite a bit less. I do have a pretty steep apron angle so it’s going to be higher going in and out. You can also swing it to the side and drop boom a little to save room. Beware of leak down though if it’s not locked in transport position.

A30911F6-1220-4D3A-84A9-A0AEB3A50EAC.jpeg

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
My 14ft hoe fit in a 10ft high garage just fine, but I had to maneuver it as I pulled in and out. I NEVER put mine in transport position to store, just swung it out to the side, put bucket flat side parallel to ground on a pallet, and relieved all of the pressure on cylinders. I let it sit for 3 months and absolutely no movement/leak down. Putting it in travel position would not work in my garage. Just letting OP know there are other ways if you need them.

Reactions: 1 user

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
thank you for replies. This is my first new tractor I have owned many gassers over the years. This one with attachments is 20 times what I paid for the most expensive tractor I have had. It is good that I can extend the arm and get the backhoe in the garage. I do not want to leave it out in the snow until I can get a tractor shed built. With any luck the ROP and backhoe height will be slightly exaggerated. The garage door is at the ceiling it in fact scrapes the ceiling as the garage is an addition with the master bedroom above it. This is a temporary problem just until I can get a building built this spring. I may see if they will deliver the tractor with the backhoe off as the ground is now frozen and I am not sure the backhoe will have any value with frozen ground.