B219 fel advice

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I have a b219 fel on a b 6100 I just got all new hoses now I need to control valve any recommendations
I think the front mounted pump on a B219 is near 6 Gallons Per Minute. You should find a valve rated closer to but not below 6 GPM. A valve rated for 25 GPM will make the loader harder to control.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Agree with Kubotasam, a 25 gpm rated loader valve is just going to be frustrating to use. Fine precise control is not possible.

Look over this post. The fel valve chosen by owner is rated at 10.5 gpm. Finding a smaller valve with an integral relief valve is very difficult

The B2400 Owner chose a valve with a joystick for loader control + third spool for a grapple. Having a grapple capable loader without having to get into 3rd function valves is a wise addition and adds little to the cost.

B2400

eBay for $305.
valve

If you are going to change the loader valve then serious attention needs to be paid to how the loader is currently powered...... i.e. from the B6100's own hydraulic system or from a separate pump powered from the front of the engine.

Telling us how many hoses connect to the existing loader valve will tell us a lot. 6 or 7.

If there are 7 hoses then your existing valve has a power beyond feature and the new valve will also need this optional feature costing around $25. It is a sleeve that screws into a port presently plugged on the new valve.

forum B2400 pb sleeve.jpg

I say this a lot but it is important: hydraulics is not a Lets try it and see if it works situation. In a fraction of a second a main pump can be destroyed by being dead headed.

Ask lots of questions. Don't assume you understand if you have any doubts at all. :)

Dave

CCates

Equipment
B6100
Apr 24, 2021
Conway Arkansas
Agree with Kubotasam, a 25 gpm rated loader valve is just going to be frustrating to use. Fine precise control is not possible.

Look over this post. The fel valve chosen by owner is rated at 10.5 gpm. Finding a smaller valve with an integral relief valve is very difficult

The B2400 Owner chose a valve with a joystick for loader control + third spool for a grapple. Having a grapple capable loader without having to get into 3rd function valves is a wise addition and adds little to the cost.

B2400

eBay for $305.
valve

If you are going to change the loader valve then serious attention needs to be paid to how the loader is currently powered...... i.e. from the B6100's own hydraulic system or from a separate pump powered from the front of the engine.

Telling us how many hoses connect to the existing loader valve will tell us a lot. 6 or 7.

If there are 7 hoses then your existing valve has a power beyond feature and the new valve will also need this optional feature costing around $25. It is a sleeve that screws into a port presently plugged on the new valve.

View attachment 59641

I say this a lot but it is important: hydraulics is not a Lets try it and see if it works situation. In a fraction of a second a main pump can be destroyed by being dead headed.

Ask lots of questions. Don't assume you understand if you have any doubts at all. :)

Dave
Thanks Dave I'm sure that's wise advice I fix transmission for a living but this is my first tractor

CCates

Equipment
B6100
Apr 24, 2021
Conway Arkansas
Thanks again everybody for the input my fel pump runs off the front of the motor 4 1/4 inch hoses to the cylinders main hose from pump and a return i like the idea of a grapple , a large part of what i will be doing is moving transmissions I was changing out the valve because it was rusted finally got it apart after a week of soaking in diesel and the valves have alot of corrosion

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks again everybody for the input my fel pump runs off the front of the motor 4 1/4 inch hoses to the cylinders main hose from pump and a return i like the idea of a grapple , a large part of what i will be doing is moving transmissions I was changing out the valve because it was rusted finally got it apart after a week of soaking in diesel and the valves have alot of corrosion
Since your loader is not tied into the tractor hydraulics, the complicated issues like power beyond do not come up.

Dave