B2150

OrangeguyB2150

Equipment
B2150HST
Sep 9, 2022
Rome,Pa.
Acquired a B2150 that has been sitting outside with the top of the muffler rusted off. I removed the exhaust assembly and blew the water out of the exhaust ports, then decided to check the coolant, none visible, added several gallons of water, none coming out ex ports. Checked the oil dipstick, way overfull !!!!! Previously the oil was just touching the dipstick. Tomorrow I will proceed to remove the cylinder head for further inspection. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Does "I hope you bought it cheap" count as advice? Or "I hope you enjoy doing engine work"?

You could perhaps use a scope rather than pull the head, but I think you'll be pulling the head. It sounds like a strong indication you have a crack/leak somewhere, and therefore rust inside one or more cylinders.

OrangeguyB2150

Equipment
B2150HST
Sep 9, 2022
Rome,Pa.
It was given to me by a Doctor, he purchased a $70k Kubota, the dealer did not want his for a trade in. It only has 1114 hrs., not beat up, good tires etc. Will get it in my garage tomorrow and get the head off, hopefully it will be obvious as to why the water is going directly into the crankcase. I was a Nissan Technician for 45 years, so turning wrenches is not new to me, Nissan had some diesels back in the late 70's early 80's.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It was given to me by a Doctor, he purchased a $70k Kubota, the dealer did not want his for a trade in. It only has 1114 hrs., not beat up, good tires etc. Will get it in my garage tomorrow and get the head off, hopefully it will be obvious as to why the water is going directly into the crankcase. I was a Nissan Technician for 45 years, so turning wrenches is not new to me, Nissan had some diesels back in the late 70's early 80's.
In that case, presuming it's fixable you have a bargain. And a hobby for the upcoming winter (hopefully shorter).

OrangeguyB2150

Equipment
B2150HST
Sep 9, 2022
Rome,Pa.
In that case, presuming it's fixable you have a bargain. And a hobby for the upcoming winter (hopefully shorter).
Anything is fixable with deep enough pockets😂😂😂😂😂😂! I also have a 52 Plymouth I have a spare engine that I would like to rebuild. No rest in retirement!!!!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's a bit of work to fix!! But it is fixable. So it could be worse....

Reactions: 1 user