B2150 steering..yea that again

modeladay

Equipment
Sold B7100 and purchased a B2150 with FEL
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
I have read the many posts on the power steering problems of the B2150. I do not have a leak or erratic steering, what I do have is a loose steering shaft in that it will move side to side. I have had this since I purchased this tractor used( 965 hours) and figured it was a problem that developed from one pulling them self up on the tractor. Today at 1030 hrs of use there is an odd thumping feed back in the steering wheel as you rotate it. It works fine as for the steering part but for the odd thumping, I figure it is the bearing failure as describe in the many threads on this problem:( There is also some info that the 4 bolts at the base of the steering shaft need tighten, that would be causing the side to side play. Could it have come so far a part that this might be cause the thumping? Yea I know I'm fishing for a simple fix:eek: What are your thoughts?

thanks
dusty in dry ass Georgia

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Your play side to side is coming from the column or tube bushing. I think you don't have a lot of choice, except to pull the steering wheel and see if you can pull the tube without pulling the dash and console? And inspect for wear!

Pat