B2150 front axle leak

IndianaJ

Equipment
Kubota B2150D, 16" plow, 6 Ft. disc
Nov 12, 2011
Evansville, IN
I am new to this forum and need help with my B2150 I purchased recently. It is leaking fluid on the right axle. See attached photo. Anyone familiar with fixing this leak and know what is involved? I found a similar post for a different tractor but don't know if it applies to mine. I don't what to take this apart and then find out I can't fix it.

Previous post by 'eserv':
Simple! Remove the seal cap on the bottom, remove the snap ring, shims, and lower gear with it's bearing, remove snap ring up in there on the inner bevel gear case and the outer bevel gear case will all come down exposing the seal. pry out the seal and the seal sleeve. Reinstall the seal and sleeve with dielectric grease, reassemble. ( you'll probably need a new lower seal )
If you use dielectric grease you can push the seals into place with your fingers!

Does this apply to my tractor?

Attachments

IndianaJ

Equipment
Kubota B2150D, 16" plow, 6 Ft. disc
Nov 12, 2011
Evansville, IN
Somone somehow sent me a message which I can't seem to find now asking if I ever got this taken apart and said they had the same problem. Even tried loosening the bolts and setting the tractor down thinking the weight would break it apart which didn't work. I tried the same thing and it didn't work. I ended up having to take it to a dealer and had the seals replaced on both sides while it was there.