B20 Hydraulic oil in engine

Cloud

Equipment
Kubota B20
Aug 5, 2014
Dalton Gardens, Idaho
I keep getting hydraulic oil in my engine. i have replaced the seal in the hydraulic pump several times but it keeps happnening. what could be causing this? Pressure too High? how do I correct it? Thanks for any help.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I keep getting hydraulic oil in my engine. i have replaced the seal in the hydraulic pump several times but it keeps happnening. what could be causing this? Pressure too High? how do I correct it? Thanks for any help.
If you have replaced the seal multiple times and it is stil leaking sounds your pump needs more than a seal. I would guess worn seal area on the shaft and/or possibly worn bushings that allow the shaft to wobble taking the seal out.

Dan

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If replacing the seal is not correcting the problem I'll agree with Dan, it may be time to replace the pump.

Cloud

Equipment
Kubota B20
Aug 5, 2014
Dalton Gardens, Idaho
If you have replaced the seal multiple times and it is stil leaking sounds your pump needs more than a seal. I would guess worn seal area on the shaft and/or possibly worn bushings that allow the shaft to wobble taking the seal out.

Dan
Thank you for the help. The shaft was scored so I cleaned it up and swapped the bushing for one that was tighter and it works great now.