B20 finicky fel

Beemover

Equipment
B20, rear blade
Nov 16, 2022
Bc Canada
I have a hard time operating the fel on my old B20. There’s a fair amount of resistance on the lever when the bucket is at rest in any position. Once I overcome that, it usually moves the bucket more than I’d like. So it feels like the usable range is really small. This makes it tough to make fine adjustments which I need to do pretty often. Can the valve or anything else be adjusted to fix this? I borrowed the neighbour’s Deere the other day and it was worlds better. Thanks for any advice!

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
It sounds like the linkages are sticky with rust, dirt or both.
This is assuming that the hydraulics are working properly.
Have you checked the linkages and/or the bushings on the lever mechanisms?

The valve spools (when disconnected from the levers) should be easy to move and not be sticky at all.

You may want to send a picture or 2 of the setup you have - that may make troubleshooting easier.

Reactions: 1 user

Beemover

Equipment
B20, rear blade
Nov 16, 2022
Bc Canada
Boy I’ll bet you’re right about the lever linkages. I didn’t even consider that despite the lever itself being pretty sloppy. It doesn’t look like there are even bushings there. I think the loader arm linkages are ok. I lubricated them the other day and the grease I pushed out didn’t look too bad.

Attachments

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Well, I hope that helps.
During my restoration project, I removed all the FEL and BH linkages, replaced bushings, cleaned and powdercoated and greased everything. It made a huge difference in accuracy and smoothness of the controls.

BEFORE

1668757188322.png

AFTER

1668757218650.png

Reactions: 1 user

Beemover

Equipment
B20, rear blade
Nov 16, 2022
Bc Canada
Well, I hope that helps.
During my restoration project, I removed all the FEL and BH linkages, replaced bushings, cleaned and powdercoated and greased everything. It made a huge difference in accuracy and smoothness of the controls.

BEFORE

View attachment 90769

AFTER

View attachment 90770
Wow that looks great! I’ve got some work to do. It’s good to hear it made a big difference